David M
United States
Huron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week at Winterfest XVII, Russ Schulke presented information about the *Possibility* of making Streets of Stalingrad 4. While we all signed NDA's, Russ did explicitly give permission to say this much....

....and to give our opinions about what we saw. I for one was utterly impressed with Russ' commitment to getting every detail right, as well as his depth of almost obsessive knowledge about the battle. (I mean, the guy was literally MARRIED at the infamous Tractor Factory!!)The early map graphics are utterly unbelievable, and it sounds like the core mechanics will be left much unchanged, with added chrome being interesting but not workload heavy.

We played Streets of Stalingrad 3 last year as our headliner game at Winterfest XVI, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration.

For detailed list of what Russ and Dana have been considering, check out this post:

http://www.winterfestwargaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get rid of the over-bearing artillery ammo counting. Waste of time for limited addition to the game. There must be far easier ways to manage ammo shortages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
DaveM1 wrote:
(I mean, the guy was literally MARRIED at the infamous Tractor Factory!!)

In US, man marries wife and then gets tractor.

In Soviet Russia, man marries tractor and then gets wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveM1 wrote:
... and it sounds like the core mechanics will be left much unchanged, with added chrome being interesting but not workload heavy.

This is sad ... there are a number of things that made me sell my SoS3, the burdensome rules being one of them. Such as the aformentioned ammo.

This could be a great game if the rules were tweaked to make it simple.

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear about possibility of new version of the game! I will welcome redesigned counters, I personally prefer NATO counter or silhouettes than what we currently have in 3rd edition. I'm not sure I'm looking for more chrome. What I would like to see would be streamlined sequence of play. Do we really need some many phases per turn ? Also a few small scale scenarios would be very much welcome.

Cheers!

PS: I will never sell my 3rd edition of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further news on the reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears they are on track for a Sept '17 kickstarter launch. I'm guessing the price will be north of $250, though (a wild guess). I really wonder if there's that much demand.

Looks like they are using historical German symbology on the units (similar to the way The Longest Day did) which I applaud. Both the counters and map look fantastic.

http://www.sos-4.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I saw a March KS for a playtest version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.