Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » Rules

Subject: Charlie's Place rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Nefstead
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Controller Noon, Boot: Raise or lower the bullets of a dude at this location by 2.


Can this ability be used multiple times on a single dude? Can you just keep piling on the bullets? Does the effect continue after the dude leaves Charlie's Place?

Based on a plain reading, it seems like the answer to all those questions is yes - I just want to confirm, because it seems pretty strong. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardBeard wrote:
Quote:
Controller Noon, Boot: Raise or lower the bullets of a dude at this location by 2.


Can this ability be used multiple times on a single dude? Can you just keep piling on the bullets? Does the effect continue after the dude leaves Charlie's Place?

Based on a plain reading, it seems like the answer to all those questions is yes - I just want to confirm, because it seems pretty strong. Thanks!


No, No, yes.

"Controller Noon, Boot:" means that you need to boot the deed as a cost of using the ability. Once you've used it, you can't pay that cost again, because the deed is already booted.

Unless they specify otherwise, effects from Noon abilities last through Sundown, and effects from Shootout abilities last until the end of the shootout.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Nefstead
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kemikos wrote:
Unless they specify otherwise, effects from Noon abilities last through Sundown, and effects from Shootout abilities last until the end of the shootout.

This is what I was missing. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardBeard wrote:
kemikos wrote:
Unless they specify otherwise, effects from Noon abilities last through Sundown, and effects from Shootout abilities last until the end of the shootout.

This is what I was missing. Thank ups!


One other thing: if an ability adds physical counters (like the Law Dogs' bounties or the Sloane Gang's control point tokens), those remain as long as the counters stay on the card. So, for example, Lawrence Blackwood's bonus control point goes away at Sundown, while Allie's are more or less permanent.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kemikos wrote:
BoardBeard wrote:
Quote:
Controller Noon, Boot: Raise or lower the bullets of a dude at this location by 2.


Can this ability be used multiple times on a single dude? Can you just keep piling on the bullets? Does the effect continue after the dude leaves Charlie's Place?

Based on a plain reading, it seems like the answer to all those questions is yes - I just want to confirm, because it seems pretty strong. Thanks!


No, No, yes.

"Controller Noon, Boot:" means that you need to boot the deed as a cost of using the ability. Once you've used it, you can't pay that cost again, because the deed is already booted.

Unless they specify otherwise, effects from Noon abilities last through Sundown, and effects from Shootout abilities last until the end of the shootout.


One other thing, even if you somehow unbooted Charlie's Place you can not use the ability again during that same day. Any ability that does not explicitly state "Repeat" can only be used once per day, no matter if you need to boot or not to use it and no matter if you need to boot it as a cost and later manage to unboot it. (Unless off course you have some card that allows you to use an ability again). This is also clearly stated in the rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.