A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: More Card Clarification Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Musgrove
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hello, I have three cards that I need clarification on and one gameplay mechanic.

The first card is Shadow Tyrion Lannister. Response: After a card comes out of shadow Tyrion gains +2 strength and keyword from the listed keywords on his card.

Is there a limit to how many times he can trigger this response?

What is the printed cost of a shadow character? I argue that it is number next to the gold symbol. My friend believes the 2 gold to put the card into shadows counts as part of the cost.

When you play a river plot and it triggers the river plot in your used pile does that used river plot trigger the next used river plot if able? One giant chain?

My final question is more a gameplay mechanic and it deals with the Martells. The Martells have a lot of cards that make the opponent lose a character icon. Specificially in the challenge face my friends and I into some heated debates. Bear with my attempt at the challenge framework.

I'm Lannister and I am first player.

Player Action Window
I challenge Martell player with Intrigue Challenge
I kneel attackers
Player Actions
Stealth Targets if applicable. Defender kneels defending characters
Player Actions
Resolution of challenge

I believe the Martell player must use the event card or character ability during the first player action window. If I kneel attackers and then geta card played against me and my character loses the icon they were attacking with doesn't it become an illegal challenge. I feel the Martell player loses his window to play a card or trigger an ability that takes away an icon from an attacking character. It is the Game of Thrones card game so I might be completely wrong.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Arsenal187 wrote:
Hello, I have three cards that I need clarification on and one gameplay mechanic.

The first card is Shadow Tyrion Lannister. Response: After a card comes out of shadow Tyrion gains +2 strength and keyword from the listed keywords on his card.

Is there a limit to how many times he can trigger this response?

Yes: only once per card that comes out of shadows. If two cards come out of Shadows, Tyrion ends up with +4 Str and with two abilities.

Quote:
What is the printed cost of a shadow character? I argue that it is number next to the gold symbol. My friend believes the 2 gold to put the card into shadows counts as part of the cost.

2+cost in gold symbol. (It's on the rules sheet summary of Shadows).

Quote:
When you play a river plot and it triggers the river plot in your used pile does that used river plot trigger the next used river plot if able? One giant chain?

No; the trick here is the card in your used pile has not been "just revealed", so it doesn't trigger another River plot.

Quote:
My final question is more a gameplay mechanic and it deals with the Martells. The Martells have a lot of cards that make the opponent lose a character icon. Specificially in the challenge face my friends and I into some heated debates. Bear with my attempt at the challenge framework.

I'm Lannister and I am first player.

Player Action Window
I challenge Martell player with Intrigue Challenge
I kneel attackers
Player Actions
Stealth Targets if applicable. Defender kneels defending characters
Player Actions
Resolution of challenge

I believe the Martell player must use the event card or character ability during the first player action window. If I kneel attackers and then geta card played against me and my character loses the icon they were attacking with doesn't it become an illegal challenge. I feel the Martell player loses his window to play a card or trigger an ability that takes away an icon from an attacking character. It is the Game of Thrones card game so I might be completely wrong.

Thank you.

This is how this works:

* Once a character is declared as attacking, they no longer need the icon to participate. (Some abilities allow a character to participate even without a matching icon).

* Initiating the challenge and kneeling the attacking characters participating in the challenge are two Framework actions that have no Player Action window between them; thus there's no opportunity to remove icons between the "Initiate Intrigue Attack against Martell" declaration and the "Kneel these characters to attack" declaration EXCEPT by Response/Save triggers that can react to one of those declarations.

* You can remove icons before the challenge is initiated (there's a Player Action window at the very start of the Challenge Phase), and remove icons from potential defending characters before they're declared as defenders.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.