Fief: France 1429» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transmission of an Outremer title rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last paragraph of C2.4 (C2.3.3 in the french rule) says that if a Lord having an Outremer title dies, the title is immediately transfered to another Lord or Lady of his family like a Fief title (4.3.1).

Emphasis is mine.

Question : If the Lord/Lady is maried and he/she is my last Lord/Lady, and he/she dies, can the Outremer title be transfered to his wife/husband ?

Till now I considered that the Outremer titles couldn't be transfered to any other family.

Official answer required please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Pal
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

In the Fief Rulebook section 4.3.1 states a Fief title of a dead lord can be transferred to spouse if no other lords in family.

Although I can't find a rule for this specific situation it does say in C 1.4.1 that Crusade State Titles can be given to any lord even ones still in France (not taking part in the crusades)

These titles are also placed in the same area as Fief titles on family board.

Lastly in C 1.3.2 if you examine the image, specifically the arrow pointing to the VP icon on the tile, you will notice the description states "Crusader State Fief Title worth 1 VP".

So ultimately it seems that "Outremer titles" are Fief titles in every way except how they are gained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And except there is no fortified city to attack in order to win the title of its owner.
Why did they only say "his family" at C2.4 (C2.3.3 in french PDF) then ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gab Pal
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
The best games ingeniously blend Euro and Ameritrash styles
badge
THE CAKE IS A LIE !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes true it can't be taken by conflict. I forgot to mention that.

In my honest opinion, I believe that this is just a quick reference and that the 4.3.1 reference is there for those who want more details.
As of course normally a Fief title is inherited by a family member, only when no more family members exist is it passed to the spouse.

If they re-wrote all the rules each time it mattered the rule book would be far too repetitive.

I stand by: Crusader State Fief Title, Fief Title inheritance rules in section 4.3.1 apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tontione confirmed that in Asyncron's forum.
Subject over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.