Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Magnum Opus» Forums » Rules

Subject: No need to use the Table phase to lay down compounds for a Transmutation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to make sure that it is not necessary to place compounds on the table during the table phase, and that, instead, it is possible to lay all of my compounds during the experiment phase.

The rules even give an explicit example of placing Quicksilver down with the Attempt Transmutation card. This seems odd, but if this is the proper way to play, I will transition to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You MUST use all ingredients on your table (unless you have a shelf). You MAY use any ingredients from your hand.

So there's typically no need to table them unless you aren't transmuting this turn and want to save ingredients for a future turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
INCOMING TRANSMISSION on KickStarter now!
badge
Magic Meeple...the boardgame people! MagicMeepleGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
You MUST use all ingredients on your table (unless you have a shelf). You MAY use any ingredients from your hand.

So there's typically no need to table them unless you aren't transmuting this turn and want to save ingredients for a future turn.

This is correct, the table concept was added to mitigate the frustration of being unable to draw the cards you needed all at once. So you may add things to your table as you see fit according to the limitations, and you may add anything additional directly from your hand at the time of transmutation, but you must use and be able to use everything that is on your table at that moment you choose to activate the transmutation attempt.

I hope this clears that up!

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly clear. Thank you, again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.