Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stoddard
United States
Dallas
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missions have to be completed at the end of your turn. Do I have to end my movement in a laser hazard to finish this mission? So I would have to just fly in circles hoping to roll the right amount?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm a meeple person!
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandc0711 wrote:
Missions have to be completed at the end of your turn.

I don't see that in the rules. Where did you read that?

dandc0711 wrote:
Do I have to end my movement in a laser hazard to finish this mission?

I would say yes.

dandc0711 wrote:
So I would have to just fly in circles hoping to roll the right amount?

Not likely.

The rules say:
Standard Rules wrote:
To complete a mission, a player must land on a surface city, spaceport, or other indicated space in the designated system

The problematic word here is "land", since the rules do not allow a ship to "land" in spaces which are not Cities, Spaceports or Asteroids. Moreover, ending your movement because you are out of movement points is not considered as "landing", but just as "ending your movement". Thus, it is literally impossible to complete the mission you are talking about according to the rules.

Therefore, my interpretation is that these type of missions, unconventionally allow a ship to intentionally stop or "land" (ending your movement phase) on these hazard spaces for the purpose of completing the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.