Subject: Nez's earring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been trimming some mould nibs from our minis in prep for painting. I thought I was being really careful not to remove any actual features. I snipped a projection off Nez's right ear that I thought was moulding and now I see that in some pictures Nez is wearing an earring (although not always on the same ear! ). On the other hand, I can see that some painted Nez minis in the gallery here don't have an earring.

Have I mutilated the poor rodent?

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey S.
Latvia
Rīga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe, Nez has an earring. It could come up on another ear, if they copied the mirrored artwork somewhere in the storybook. There are pictures of minis with the painted earring also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never noted the different earring position from mini and picture. But the earring is definitely part of the figure. I guess you can treat it as a war wound. Some nasty rat probably bit it off before feeling Nez's hammer.

However, if it bothers you too much, you can purchase an extra set of figures here:

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/49

This would also give painting alternatives for Heart of Glorm variants of roaches and rats, so it's not as if you spend 15 bucks plus shipping just on Nez.

Completely unrelated: I'll miss Timmy's celebration when he'll eventually retire. That goal against China was brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zwerg wrote:
I never noted the different earring position from mini and picture. But the earring is definitely part of the figure. I guess you can treat it as a war wound. Some nasty rat probably bit it off before feeling Nez's hammer.

However, if it bothers you too much, you can purchase an extra set of figures here:

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/49

This would also give painting alternatives for Heart of Glorm variants of roaches and rats, so it's not as if you spend 15 bucks plus shipping just on Nez.

I'm a little miffed with myself but probably not so much that I need to replace him. Gives me a chance to mod him with a real metal earring, which might look cool.

Quote:
Completely unrelated: I'll miss Timmy's celebration when he'll eventually retire. That goal against China was brilliant!

My avatar is from the Japan game at the 2006 World Cup (my favourite sporting moment ) and is getting old now. I've always planned to retire it when he retires from international football…..but he just keeps on going strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:

My avatar is from the Japan game at the 2006 World Cup (my favourite sporting moment ) and is getting old now. I've always planned to retire it when he retires from international football…..but he just keeps on going strong.

I remember those goals! I was actually fortunate enough to have tickets for the Socceroos game in Kaiserslautern. Unfortunately not the Japan game but the second round diving exhibition by Grosso. gulp

Totally expected Cahill to retire after winning the Asian Cup - really glad he'll keep on playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be one of those clip or even c-clamp style earrings and he keeps switching it. My grandmother had the c-clamp style ones, my mom had the clip style.

Now the question becomes... WHY does Nez keep switching it?
Superstition? A good luck charm that he switches ears everytime he has good, or bad. luck?
Habit? Does he flip a roach to determine which ear to clip it on today?
Or is he like me and ambidextrous? Forever putting it on with out realizing it is on different side sometimes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Patterson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too carved off Nez's earring without realizing it was an earring. I crafted our dear beloved mouse a new spicy-pepper-seed one. He is quite the dandy mouse now.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/2432685/mollybrown-ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.