the fors
msg tools
Hello all!

I own the first edition of the base game and also both expansions for it (clash of kings, storm of swords). I am really interested in this 4 player variant with the secret objectives, since I never liked the 7 stronghold/castles victory condition.

My question is: Does this expansion (feast for crows) also work for the 1st edition?

I recall the 2nd edition having ports, siege engines and new wildling cards. Clash of Kings also had ports and siege engines. Storm of Swords had also a new wilding deck and new westeros cards.

So I really wonder if this would work. Otherwise I would have to buy the 2nd edition, which again doesnt work with the storm of swords expansion.

Argh.... FFG really made a mess here.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
It 'works', though balance may vary. The house cards are different for 2nd edition, so you would have different cards for Lannister, Baratheon, Stark. Arryn's cards come with it so it is OK. The only other change of significance is that it uses (and one of the objective cards is probably balanced for) 5 knights rather than 4, but that should be easy to handle.

You may want to play with 2nd edition rules, but you do not need the 2nd edition to do so, the rules are on the FFG website. The only thing you need from the second edition for is the house cards, and those are available here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.