Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Legendary Resistance has two abilities, one of which is the following:

"You may discard this card at any time to remove 1 Effect Token from beside your Creature, thereby freeing you from that effect."

The question is whether LR can be discarded to avoid the initial effect of a token occurring. My guess is it can't, but thought I'd throw it out for discussion. I'm thinking specifically LR being used to negate the initial effects of Paralyzing Breath or Sleep Breath, but you could apply this to any of the other spell or breath effects also.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Legendary Resistance can be used to remove the token the instant it's placed and thereby avoiding all effects of that token.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3725&p...
dndrulesteam wrote:

Legendary Resistance can trigger "at any time," including the instant that you receive the Effect Token. Therefore, you may use it to remove a Paralysis Token before any of its effects trigger, including the fall from the sky.

Thematically, Legendary Resistance (and its timing) are meant to simulate the creature completely resisting the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mirandir wrote:
Legendary Resistance can be used to remove the token the instant it's placed and thereby avoiding all effects of that token.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3725&p...
dndrulesteam wrote:

Legendary Resistance can trigger "at any time," including the instant that you receive the Effect Token. Therefore, you may use it to remove a Paralysis Token before any of its effects trigger, including the fall from the sky.

Thematically, Legendary Resistance (and its timing) are meant to simulate the creature completely resisting the effect.

My search fun was weak this morning.
Thanks.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.