Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a Japanese armoured unit's range of fire when it's not in a position hex? Rule 13.1 mentions the extended range of fire when in a position hex. Did I miss something? I'm having trouble cross referencing different sections and keeping all the rules in my head, but oh boy I love this game! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stodge wrote:
What is a Japanese armoured unit's range of fire when it's not in a position hex? Rule 13.1 mentions the extended range of fire when in a position hex. Did I miss something? I'm having trouble cross referencing different sections and keeping all the rules in my head, but oh boy I love this game! Thanks.

It clicked now I've had my morning caffeine. The Japanese armoured units don't have range values on their counters so they have to be adjacent to a unit to fire on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tank unit in question is adjacent to a U.S. unit, it's colour matches the fire card but it's symbol doesn't. So I assume the action is no action, either the tank unit was asleep, using the bathroom or couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces.

That's a huge relief as my US unit is on its last step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stodge wrote:

a japanese tank unit is supposed to be always in a position hex, except when doing an overrun (and then it's close combat). Afterward it moves back to a position hex. See page 26 rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etagimbo wrote:
stodge wrote:

a japanese tank unit is supposed to be always in a position hex, except when doing an overrun (and then it's close combat). Afterward it moves back to a position hex. See page 26 rulebook.

Doh! *slaps forehead*. I read that part but I guess it didn't sink in. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.