Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
the Y U NO CTHONIAN thread made me rekindle this:

Sandy tried to get a hold of Ramsey Campbell's agent a couple of times before the KS and since. No dice. There are some really cool indie GOOs that could one day before miniatures with rules, etc.

But first, does anyone have good google-fu, and can actually find his current agent? Or his real email that he checks? Or his home address so a cultist can actually go there in person? All you British folks, go knock on his door and ask him
Ok, don't do that.

But some of my favorite non-HPL GOOs are Campbell's. I REALLY want Y'golonoc in my CW.

Who knows, maybe this could be a separate KS next year, if we get permission (which I've no doubt we will, so long as we can actually communicate with Ramsey Campbell - in fact, Sandy told me once he'd be happy to send Mr. Campbell a free copy!).

Or, instead of a new KS, maybe it could piggyback off of another KS of ours, if we ever do another Cthulhu game.

Or, maybe we'll just do it and sell them.

Anyway, I want Campbell's GOOs in my CW! Someone, anyone, how can we find his real agent? What we found didn't work, but perhaps one of you has better methods?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
This cat is his agent: http://www.johnjarrold.co.uk/

I am guessing you already figured that out, but my google fu failed to bring up any other contact information than what is there. Hopefully someone on BGG just happens to live in the flat next to his...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe some of the WorldCon organisers might be able to help? I work with someone who is involved - I'll ask him on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thought: his most recent book was published in 2013, Amazon list the publishers as Drugstore Indian Press, based in Hornsea, UK, an imprint of PS publishing:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/drugstore-indian-press-57-c.as...

Maybe they could help? They have contact details on their website

EDIT: The news section on his website mentions a book published by PS in Oct 2014, and he describes them as "indefatigable" so presumably he has a good relationship with them:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/25th-anniversay-edition-best-n...

So I'd go with contacting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PS: Brian Lumley seems active as recently as Feb 2015, has a contact us page here: http://brianlumley.net/Services.html

Since cthonians are in Mansions of Madness, he should be amenable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ramsey's website lists Kay McCauley
(email through link) as United States, Canada, Film & TV agent as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimlan
msg tools
You could also try contacting Mike Davis at Lovecraft eZine, since I have seen Ramsey interviewed on his video show. I know Mike also interviewed Sandy about Cthulhu Wars when it was in development and the website featured a post about the game when it finally shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Apshai wrote:
You could also try contacting Mike Davis at Lovecraft eZine, since I have seen Ramsey interviewed on his video show. I know Mike also interviewed Sandy about Cthulhu Wars when it was in development and the website featured a post about the game when it finally shipped.

Mike Davis actually doesn't live too far from Sandy - they are friends and Mike has actually been to Sandy's house on a few occasions. haha, I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt way
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what you are saying is that you spent all that time researching, googling, sending emails, phone calls . . . . just to find that the answer lies with the neighbor who borrows your dad's lawnmower every week.

Are you trapped in an After School Special script?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke to my work colleague today, who is a committee member for WorldCon SF conventions. He said that contacting PS publishing would probably be the easiest way to contact Ramsey as they have a lot of ongoing communication.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/drugstore-indian-press-57-c.as...

So it seems like there are two possibilities!

(PM also sent)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.