Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I print them out so the width is perfect, the art is off by more than 20%. For example, the top of the rounded box on the left bearing the client name is off by 4 or 5mm. What have people done to accommodate this? Is there a way to print PDF with different proportions? Is there a better paste up file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The papersize in that PDF file is 8.27in × 11.69in (210 mm × 297 mm), which is A4 paper (standard ISO paper size (metric based) for the entire world except the USA and (I was told once) a few places in Mexico and Canada -- probably because they use suppliers from the US...).

When you printed the pasteups, Acrobat Reader probably had the "shrink to fit" checkbox checked on the print dialog, which would resize them to be a little too small.

You can uncheck the box (make sure it is "Actual size" and hopefully you will see no art cutoff at the bottom of the pages.

Or, you can buy a ream of A4 paper and configure your printer for it to print it. not sure if it is carried at the big-box office supply stores, but it might be.

Then again, it might be something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I print them actual size. The width matches the cards exactly. The height does not match the parts of the art that are in the paste ups. I think I would need to print at 125% vertical to make it match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
I print them actual size. The width matches the cards exactly. The height does not match the parts of the art that are in the paste ups. I think I would need to print at 125% vertical to make it match.

ok, well, that is a pain for sure....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can see it here. The art matches the width of the art on the card, but the height is way off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry to highjack the thread, but does anybody know if these pasteups work with the French version of the game? is it the same card design? thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the slow reply - I only just stumbled across this thread...

When I did my English-language versions, I resized everything to poker cards and tweaked the layout a bit. To generate the paste-ups, I resized the poker cards back to bridge, but without undoing the layout tweaks. This would not have been a problem if I had been able to get permission to post the entire card images. Unfortunately I didn't, so was left with posting the top 1/3 of each card as the best alternative.

I doubt there is an easy fix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmaia wrote:
sorry to highjack the thread, but does anybody know if these pasteups work with the French version of the game? is it the same card design? thanks!

Late reply... but yes it works. Wrong dimensions, but it still sort of works
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.