Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I played, doom was at 2 and it advanced by 4 after the omen moved counterclockwise because of a Mythos card.
The first two doom advances awakened Yog, the following two should follow the awakened side of the AO's sheet's rules.
Yog's sheet says "Each time a Gate would cause Doom to advance, place that Gate on this sheet instead."
Well, 4 red gates caused doom to advance in sequence. Which two should I place on the AO's sheet? Am I allowed to choose in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that the Lead Investigator makes the choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that would be my guess as well.
I'd like to know if there's an official ruling on this though... It doesn't seem to be that infrequent of a case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Lead investigator chooses strikes me as a pretty official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Lead investigator chooses strikes me as a pretty official ruling.

Based on what? (not a rhetorical or ironic question, I'd actually like to know if there is a rule that says "when in doubt, lead investigator chooses" or something like that...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Reference Guide page 4 wrote:
Conflicts:
If multiple effects would be resolved at the same time, the active
player decides the order in which they are resolved.

(Lead investigator is considered active player in the mythos phase, even if for table layout reasons you have a fixed person actually flip the card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Reference Guide page 4 wrote:
Conflicts:
If multiple effects would be resolved at the same time, the active
player decides the order in which they are resolved.

(Lead investigator is considered active player in the mythos phase, even if for table layout reasons you have a fixed person actually flip the card)

Seems good to me. Thanks!

Although not directly a case of "effects being resolved at the same time", I guess you could interpret this as "in which order do the portals cause doom to advance". So yes, I think that would be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
macurvello wrote:
"in which order do the portals cause doom to advance"
Absolutely, there's no app or computer there to do gates all at once, they're done one by one by Lead Investigator in order of choice (although order only rarely matters, as in this example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an official ruling some time ago- I can't find - it about multiple ways to satisfy a condition. It was in regards to moving something to nearest something else (mi-go was the original question but its been brought up for snake men and the cthulu mystery as well). If more than option exists the lead investigator or affected invesrigator chooses between them. For example: if a mi-go is equidistant to 2 clues you pick which one he goes to. This is the same for the gates. You need to remove 2 gates, your choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
There was an official ruling some time ago- I can't find - it about multiple ways to satisfy a condition. It was in regards to moving something to nearest something else (mi-go was the original question but its been brought up for snake men and the cthulu mystery as well). If more than option exists the lead investigator or affected invesrigator chooses between them. For example: if a mi-go is equidistant to 2 clues you pick which one he goes to. This is the same for the gates. You need to remove 2 gates, your choice!

Well, the reference guide is already clear about "nearest":
Reference guide, page 9 wrote:
When determining the “nearest” space or token, find the space or token separated by the fewest number of interconnected paths.
^^ If two or more spaces are tied for nearest, the active investigator chooses.

I believe this case is a bit different, but thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the gates would be pulled from the board and placed on Yog's sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco C
Brazil
Rio De Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K-Swift wrote:
So the gates would be pulled from the board and placed on Yog's sheet?

Well yes, as it always happens when doom advances and Yog is awakened. The question here was "which" gates to place on the sheet, since there were 4 candidates but only 2 should be placed.
We concluded the lead investigator should choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.