United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Ok, instead of having a zillion threads pinned, we'll have this one pinned that points around to all the important threads and has more info.

If there's something missing that you feel needs to be addressed then please post here, and I'll try to answer it in the FAQ.

http://wallace.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGG_CON_2006_FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garrett
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Purity of Essence.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1137228#1137228

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Q: Will "dave" be there?

A: No. Now quit asking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

If there's something missing that you feel needs to be addressed then

Yes. Food and drinks. I'm glad that we can bring in food and drinks. The only problem is that there is no where close to buy said food and drinks. OK, yeah, there are a few restaurants but they close early. Mike needs to eat and consume caffeine or Mike gets cranky and speaks in the third person.

Could someone be appointed "freshman representative to the social committee" and drive us all to the Food King?.

I am aware that certain "legalities" may prevent posting of this info here so a private message would also be acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I'm gonna head over to the plaza next week and ask all the food places to stay open late(r) if they can.

Also, the light rail just outside the door can take you to a bevy of locations which serve food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Snider
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a wireless internet connection in the convention area? Is it free or how does it work?

Also. Am I the ONLY person arriving on Friday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garrett
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Purity of Essence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave wrote:
Q: Will "dave" be there?

A: No. Now quit asking!

damnation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garrett
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Purity of Essence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
I'm gonna head over to the plaza next week and ask all the food places to stay open late(r) if they can.

Also, the light rail just outside the door can take you to a bevy of locations which serve food.

what time does the rail system shut down? 11pm sticks out in my mind from last year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
weasel wrote:
Is there a wireless internet connection in the convention area? Is it free or how does it work?

My recollection from last year is no wifi/internet in the convention area, but maybe this year will be different. It would come in handy for getting translations, faqs, and player aid info.

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one of the vendors (Twilight Games?) was able to get wireless access through the hotel. The signal was weak in the vendor area but they were able to get a connection.

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a schedule for the FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fisher
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard legends of a "great game give-away" on Saturday where all the attendees get to take turns picking a free game from the pile. Any truth to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fisher
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there also a rule that requires mandatory showering so that the room is still livable on Sat/Sun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember there being an overwhelming level of funk at BGG'05. BGGers may be more hygiene-wary compared to average convention goers.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Snider
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah -- a schedule in the faq would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Agreed, a schedule of events would be a good addition to the faq for BGG.CON. Since the wiki's locked, here's the link to the schedule thread Aldie posted earlier this week.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/132286

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Q: I'm going to be in town early - is there any sort of pre-con gaming I could attend?
A: Some of the attendees appear to be arranging some pre-con gaming in the courtyard of the convention area on Wednesday night, near the skating rink. On Tuesday nights, there is open gaming elsewhere in Dallas. See this thread for details: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/128079

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
tomfisher wrote:
I've heard legends of a "great game give-away" on Saturday where all the attendees get to take turns picking a free game from the pile. Any truth to this?

Good question. Will there be a prize table? Should we bring games for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I updated the FAQ with all the questions so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
Q: Will there be a prize table?
A: Last year there were a few grand prizes that were given away.

What're the criteria used for determining who gets what? Are the grand prizes reserved for the winners of the organized tourneys, a random draw of all attendees, the attendee most likely to be referred to as "AnakinOU," or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
AnakinOU wrote:
FAQ wrote:
Q: Will there be a prize table?
A: Last year there were a few grand prizes that were given away.

What're the criteria used for determining who gets what? Are the grand prizes reserved for the winners of the organized tourneys, a random draw of all attendees, the attendee most likely to be referred to as "AnakinOU," or what?

I'm leaving it a bit nebulous.

You don't have to bring any prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen stover
United States
lake dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for those of us who happen to be lucky enough to live in Dallas where is the cheapest parking. I am going home to my bed each night, adn no I am WAAAYYYYY to old to pull an all nighter. So Where is cheap parking in Downtown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sourwyrm wrote:
What time does the rail system shut down? 11pm sticks out in my mind from last year

According to DART's website (http://www.dart.org/), the last trains that leave the Pearl Station (the one outside the convention site) are:
Weekday nights:
North-bound: 0019 (12:19 am) on the Red line and 2353 (11:53 pm) on the Blue line
South-bound: 0037 (12:37 am) on the Red line and 0033 (12:33 am) on the Blue line

Weekend nights:
North-bound: 1159 (11:59 pm) on the Red line and 0013 (12:13 am) on the Blue line
South-bound: 0117 (1:17 am) on the Red line and 0053 (12:53 am) on the Blue line

It appears that service is limited after 11:00 pm on Weekdays and midnight on the weekends (things are still running, but not to the farthest extremities of the lines), so you should consult the schedules and maps at the DART website to make sure that things will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenstover wrote:
for those of us who happen to be lucky enough to live in Dallas where is the cheapest parking. I am going home to my bed each night, adn no I am WAAAYYYYY to old to pull an all nighter. So Where is cheap parking in Downtown.

The first night last year, I had very cheap parking in the center's parking lot - the gate was up and the machine refused to take my ticket. No way to pay=free parking! The rest of the con, I parked across the street in the expensive place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, good question Stephen.

Is there an alternative parking location near the con that is cheaper than the $12 a day parking offered by the hotel? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.