Subject: Question on Adjacency rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bausman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If a facilities card says you can do something to an "Adjacent" thing, I assume that means adjacent to the card and not to the MHQ. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
mbausman wrote:
If a facilities card says you can do something to an "Adjacent" thing, I assume that means adjacent to the card and not to the MHQ. Is that correct?

That is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Frey
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, if it refers to adjacency to the card and not the MHQ, how do you know which die to use when rolling to "seize control of an adjacent base?" I have read other threads here that say you still must be adjacent to you MHQ. I would love to get a definitive answer to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvelguy wrote:
So, if it refers to adjacency to the card and not the MHQ, how do you know which die to use when rolling to "seize control of an adjacent base?" I have read other threads here that say you still must be adjacent to you MHQ. I would love to get a definitive answer to this.

MHQ presence on or adjacent to a Facility is a different rule independent from each individual card text.

Here is an example. Let's say that a card says:
"You may Seize Control of an adjacent facility". Where you choose to place that Facility on the board will determine which facilities will count as adjacent. Then, after placing the card on the board, as a totally independent rule, in order for you to be able to perform the Seize Control action, you also need to have an MHQ present on or adjacent to the facility you are targeting.

I hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.