Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Davis
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife called and informed me that a box arrived from Valley Games. A little voice in my head yelled, "Die Macher is here!"

My wife wanted to know what was in the box because it seemed a little light. "A little light?" I asked and told her not to open the box. (I wanted it to be my thrill)

When I got home, I lifted the box. yes sir, it seemed a little light. The FedEx label listed the box at 5 pounds. It felt lighter than that.

I opened the box and discovered a whole box filled with popcorn..Nothing else..surprise

Stealth Macher?

A post game order tease?

Prepackaged box fart air?

WTF?

I emailed Valley Games and hopfully Kip will respond shortly. Is there anyone with a phone number?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
That would be a HUGE downer!!

Maybe they did act on the need to make the game lighter to appeal to a wider audience after all.

They revised the boring theme of German elections into the much more enticing mechanism of stringing styrofoam bits for Christmas tree decorations. It's now a dexterity game the whole family will love.

Seriously though... they should definitely give you a big discount on Big City for bursting your bubble when you opened this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
What? You never played Die Macher...It's all about popcorn..wheeeee! Popcorn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
DENIED!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it caramel popcorn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Stainbrook
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you know what makes popcorn? Die popcorn Macher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Jankowski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add water and ........ poof ..... Die Macher will appear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaystainbrook wrote:
you know what makes popcorn? Die popcorn Macher.

Thank you Jay, best giggle all week!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are supposed to divide them into five piles, and carefully paint the pieces black, red, blue, yellow, and green. Download the directions off of the 'geek, and you'll be ready to go. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're attempting to save money by shipping in segments. By next week you should receive your game boards, and then hopefully the cards at some point. If you bought the deluxe package, you'll even receive extra packing tape!

Seriously though, that's quite strange. Did you send your email to "info@valleygames.ca"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
We're attempting to save money by shipping in segments. By next week you should receive your game boards, and then hopefully the cards at some point. If you bought the deluxe package, you'll even receive extra packing tape!

Seriously though, that's quite strange. Did you send your email to "info@valleygames.ca"?

Wait a sec, I got some popcorn here as well - does that mean I get another copy of Die Macher

btw. do you also have salted popcorn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Emperor's New Game!

I see mine!!

Tom

(ok, not really, but I felt special for a moment )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My popcorn had a game in it. I think I got ripped off a couple handfuls of popcorn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Belleview
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My package was mostly game with some popcorn thrown in haphazardly...should I feel slighted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Sherwood
Canada
Okotoks
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Martin,

I will get this resolved for you asap. This shouldn't have happened and we apologize for the surprize you should have had versus the one you did have.

But we would like you to know that you received the "Limited Edition" popcorn. If you look close at each puff you'll see that Rik and I signed them personally and they could be worth money someday.

So hold on to them and cherish them because everyone else just got regular popcorn with a big cardboard thing in it.

I'll send you an update as soon as I get an answer, but we will make sure you get your copy shortly.

Torben Sherwood
Valley Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Davis
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Everyone,

Thanks for the laughs. I have to think that what happened was a one-in-million shot. I will be playing the lottery tomorrow.

To Torben,

Thanks for the quick response. I think I will bronze some of the "LE" popcorn for posterity sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Duffield
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wow! You must have gotten a copy of their other title by mistake.....Das Verschwinden (or Poisson d'Avril in it's French printing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.