4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of the rouund forced effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mroni mnn
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi. Maybe someone can explain this to me. When I have to resolve "forced" effect at the end of the round, does resolving this effect belongs to the "old" round or the "new" round? Specifically, let's consider this situation: I'm in the stage 1 from Dunland trap, there is one time counter on it, and I have Dunland Tribesman in the stagging area. The round ends, so I remove time counter and resolve "forced" effect. I discard my hand and draw 2 cards. And now, drawing this cards belongs to the old round or new? It's important because of Dunland Tribesman "forced" effect.
Thanks for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are still at the end of the round. You will have to resolve the Tribesman effect now (in the old round) and then again when you draw during the Resource Phase of the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
A Forced effect at the end of the round resolves in the "old" round.

In the given situation the last Time counter is removed at the end of the Refresh Phase, cards are drawn, and the Dunland Tribesman gains additional Threat Strength. The Dunland Tribesman loses this additional Threat Strength at the end of the "old" round, but when cards are drawn in the Resource Phase of the "new" round the Dunland Tribesman again gains additional Threat Strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mroni mnn
Poland
flag msg tools
OK, thank you very much for your help. I thought so, but I wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.