Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarifying Some Things rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mackay

Utah
msg tools
1) When you are stopping at the end of a Fly Action that used Full Burn, do you still need to draw a Nav Card? Often times, Salvage Ops or Breakdowns occur at the player's destination. Is it still fair to take advantage of the Salvage Op, or ignore other breakdown consequences simply because you are stopping anyway?

2) I saw discussion on here about moral crew staying on ship during immoral jobs to avoid becoming disgruntled. Is that a viable strategy? Or do moral crew become disgruntled when completing an immoral job whether or not they participated?

3) When your wanted crew are equipped to avoid wanted crew rolls, are you still considered an outlaw ship? I.e. I have Simon and he is equipped with scan-proof shades. I have no contraband, fugitives, or other wanted crew. Does the cruiser still stop me on contact event, or do I slide on by?

4) Two disgruntled tokens on your leader result in firing the whole crew. But what if you have no crew and your leader receives a second token? Do their tokens still clear, or do they have to hire and immediately fire someone before the conditions are satisfied to make him/her happy (besides using Shore Leave of course)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You draw a Nav card when entering a sector, whether you stop there or carry on flying happens after.

2) Moral crew will become disgruntled, no covering there eyes and ears chanting 'la la la la' (well that's how we read and play it).

3) You are stopped because you are listed as a possible known outlaw ship, they just never find who they're looking for - but you're still on their suspect list.

4) Simple game so play it as written in the rules - as far as I know it doesn't say 'discard both tokens and fire all crew only if you have crew'.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spee L
msg tools
i agree with Dangerous Partners, except for #2

1) if you didnt draw a nav card on your final spot you might miss out on getting blind sided by a RESHUFFLE card which is always fun

2)i think if they stay on the ship they will still have to get their share(which i dont like)but they will not know what the job was that went down so they will not get disgruntled.

but you can shoot holes in that... if you had the hill folk that says he will stay on board for immoral jobs, then he would know what the job is and why he isn't going along so he might be disgruntled because he knows whats up....

3) agree

4) you clear both tokens and thats it.... keep flying
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
STEELHE4RT wrote:
1) When you are stopping at the end of a Fly Action that used Full Burn, do you still need to draw a Nav Card? Often times, Salvage Ops or Breakdowns occur at the player's destination. Is it still fair to take advantage of the Salvage Op, or ignore other breakdown consequences simply because you are stopping anyway?


You draw a Nav card for every Sector you enter, including your last. It is completely fair to take advantage of a Salvage Op or ignore most Breakdown consequences.

This applies only to part of a Full Burn, not a Mosey or Evade.

Also (and I'm not looking to ignite debate, because there was a whole thread about this a while back that we can just look for if there's argument), I BELIEVE that if you intentionally move into the same Sector as the Alliance Cruiser and trigger the Alliance Contact event, that replaces drawing a Nav Card (but only if you trigger the Alliance Contact event).

Quote:
2) I saw discussion on here about moral crew staying on ship during immoral jobs to avoid becoming disgruntled. Is that a viable strategy? Or do moral crew become disgruntled when completing an immoral job whether or not they participated?


I don't think the scheme here is to avoid Disgruntled as part of an Immoral Job, but rather as the result of a random Misbehave card. Crew left on the ship cannot effect or be effected by Misbehaves, so if you draw one of those "Disgruntle all Crew" Misbehaves, it only Disgruntles the folks on the job, not on the ship.

However, EVERYONE, whether they stayed on the ship or worked the job, must get paid a share or be Disgruntled, and any Moral Crew will become Disgruntled at the end of a Moral Job regardless of whether they worked it or not.

So, for example, if you're doing an Immoral Job and you have a powerful enough Crew that you can leave, say, Simon behind, you know he'll get Disgruntled at the end of the Job, but you don't have to worry about a Double-Disgruntled from a card like Disgruntles Crew on the Job (eg, Locals in Need, Old Vendetta, etc.)

Honestly, this tactic is best if you're a bit of a "card counter" and know when the Disgruntled cards are most likely to pop up.

Quote:
3) When your wanted crew are equipped to avoid wanted crew rolls, are you still considered an outlaw ship? I.e. I have Simon and he is equipped with scan-proof shades. I have no contraband, fugitives, or other wanted crew. Does the cruiser still stop me on contact event, or do I slide on by?


Still an Outlaw ship, I think. The Gear says nothing about Outlaw status, just Wanted rolls.

Way I see it, there are rumors that someone matching Simon Tam's description boarded your board, so you've been flagged. But once the Alliance checks out the Crew, they see that this guy has fancy glasses and looks nothing like the non-glasses-wearing Simon Tam...

Quote:
4) Two disgruntled tokens on your leader result in firing the whole crew. But what if you have no crew and your leader receives a second token? Do their tokens still clear, or do they have to hire and immediately fire someone before the conditions are satisfied to make him/her happy (besides using Shore Leave of course)?


You clear both tokens regardless of whether you have Crew or not. With no Crew, your Leader is increasingly Disgruntled, but rather than having a fit of pique and firing everyone, he gets drunk or beats up the ship or has a good cry or whatever, then feels better the next morning...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zane Beauchamp
msg tools
gwek wrote:
Way I see it, there are rumors that someone matching Simon Tam's description boarded your board, so you've been flagged. But once the Alliance checks out the Crew, they see that this guy has fancy glasses and looks nothing like the non-glasses-wearing Simon Tam...


And their equipment is saying something is blocking their retinal scanners, but we won't ask this young man to remove his glasses for the scan. We may be low-life purple-bellies, but that would just be rude.

As for the leaving the crew behind, something I've always wondered is the mechanic that when someone is killed, but saved by a medic that they return to the ship for the duration of the job attempt. Thing is, in all my games there has never been a situation where a crewman has been "killed" (really just wounded thanks to the medics) and in which the rest of the crew can continue on with the job attempt. A killed crew member has always resulted in either a botched attempt or a warrant issued. I don't have my misbehave deck in front or me right now (and I always forget about this particular point when I do) but are there any cards that make it so that would come into play or is it just a gameplay feature put in for future expansions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
There is one card that has an option where you Kill a Crew and Proceed (The Sheriff's Justice). Part of this discussion, though, is that you can choose to leave crew on the ship at the beginning of the job.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Avis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So you have to draw a nav card even if you evade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MrLobster wrote:
So you have to draw a nav card even if you evade?


You don't draw a nav card for the actual evasion, no.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.