Japan
Minami-Tsugaru-Gun
Aomori-Ken
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Remove all "3" reward cards of every color.

2) the player who did not violate illegal disposal of garbage receives “Honorary Garbage Collector” bonus of +4 points.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turner
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the variant! Looks like it would work very well.

Now if my daughter who lives in Japan would find and send me a copy

Played R-Eco at BGG.con, fantastic filler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Hoo.
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I vaguely remembered seeing this variant here when I first read about R-Eco... but I never thought I'd actually lay my hands on the game itself. But lo and behold, just yesterday I came across a single copy that had somehow made its way to Finland – and into my FLGS.

R-Eco! 2-p variant! Oh, I'm a happy man twice over! Brilliant!

Thanks again, and all the best to Japon Brand! I'll keep my eyes peeled for whatever you come up with next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Woo
Scotland
state:
running out of space...
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Nobuaki,

thank you for giving us a superb game. We were a bit slow in getting round to it, but it finally hit the table and given our groups response i expect it to appear far more often.

Me and my partner liked it so much we were keen to try this 2-player, and played the variant you suggest here.

It all started nice enough, and shortening the reward card deck made complete sense, but in the end game it all went a bit belly-up. Once any -2 card had gone, the 2 cards left were the +4 and +5, and these were immediately targeted. Now, in a low-scoring game, that's 9 points up for grabs, and if the points go to a single player, that will almost always be a game clincher. So, the moment the +4 was taken, the other player had to take one of the 2 next cards, or otherwise it would be an almost guaranteed loss. But by doing that, that would also end the game. The combined consequences of the reward card order and end-of-game conditions ruined a perfectly enjoyable pre-amble, and made a lot of that less meaningful.

So we went looking for an alternative, and we felt that the answer had to lie in changing the reward card order, maybe altering the values available, and maybe changing the end-of-game condition.

We have tried a few combinations, and this is the one we have settle on. It works for us, maybe it works for others too.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1768257
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.