Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, just read through the rules really quick, the game just came in. A couple things unclear.

1. So when you're setting up, the first 3 cards have to show a total of 6 different cities, but the second set do not?

2. When you're fighting a general with multiple people, it seems like the order of events is a) everyone selects which cards they want to play b) the turn player chooses who attacks c) the person rolls their dice and d) if that person defeats the general, everyone discards any excess cards, otherwise, just repeat from b.

3. So demons cause taint but not overrun at 3 demons, but both taint and overrun when a 4th is to be placed?

4. In regards to overrun, a 1 minion card is just like a 2 minion card?

I think that's all my questions. And as a last question in prep for my first game hopefully coming soon, what are the major rules differences that can be confusing from Pandemic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Kruzhkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Not cities, locations, but yes. The reason they must be different is that you have to place 2 minions on each of them, but there cannot be more than 3 minions on any location.

For the next 3 cards you only have to place 1 minion in each location - so they must not be different as long as there are no more than 3 minions in each location.

2. Your description sounds right to me.

3. That's also right.

4. And this too

I only played pandemic a couple of times and it's been a while, so I don't remember the rules very well. Still, a couple of differences I come to my mind:

As far as I remember, there could be more than 3 cubes in each city if they were different color, but in Defenders there can never be more than 3 minions in a location, regardless of color.

And also, overruns can never lead to a "chain reaction" - if you cannot place a minion in an adjacent location this does not lead to another overrun, but you still place a taint crystal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magnitt wrote:
As far as I remember, there could be more than 3 cubes in each city if they were different color, but in Defenders there can never be more than 3 minions in a location, regardless of color.

Except Monarch City. whistle [losing condition iv]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.