Warhammer Quest» Forums » General

Subject: 3D Board sections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi Chris.

I love ur 3D board sections dude. So awsome. and very accurate. I've made my own 3D versions. I have converted all the 2D versions into 3D. Can see the pics at this site.

groups.msn.com/bladesofvalour

Go to the picture section on the left side.

Here's a preview!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW those are Awesome!!! Excellent job to the both of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
Here's a few more.

Chris. Are you going to make stairs for your tomb chamber?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice work, both of you. My terrain making pales in comparison, but I have fun with it nevertheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
If you notice the stairs on the T.chamber and Sewer, it's possible to place a miniature on there. It's basicly putting a corner/wall on the side of the stairs. Yes it does limit the usage of squares if a barrel may be on a tile, but not if you put them in the middle of the cracks.
I've made seats/stools in the guard room. Even a table, and once again i've put the legs in the cracks.

Sorry if you didn't understand that, im bad at explaining stuff. I'll put some more photos on soon.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
Why do U hate us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
LOL. Whats stopping you from making ur own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True, that.

I just finished building a set from scratch- now I should spend more time building cool little corridors? Tempting, but no. I'm actually still spending time re-designing the event cards to take account all of the cool figures (D&D and Heroscape) I've got- I don't need to spend more time building hard-to-store room models. Yours are extremely cool, though- both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin N
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. I do think the set came out rather well (especially the books!). And like I said, the work is ongoing, anyway. I wish I was down with all the painting/sculpting stuff, though. Like Mr. Skeletor said, I just don't have the patience. I have the Rackham game Hybrid, and a mess of extra figures for it, and gor as far as putting them together and primering them. I just can't muster up the patience to actually paint them. Maybe when I'm old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools

I've repainted the Tomb C. + Idol C. I know they're not the right colours but, don't realy care. Also added a fire pit and, wait for it, a candle + frie to give it a more real effect.
The last one is the unfinished Gorgut's Lair room. Need some more PVA glue to continue.

I did all this while watchin' a few movies on Cable TV. Show's how much of a life I have. Start work tomorow at the Cemetry. Lots of ideas I shall have soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools

This technique is to brush glue all over and put toilet down. Gives it a stone type effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools

Here we have it. Gorgut's Lair!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you thought about paper terrain?

http://www.worldworksgames.com/

Look at their stuff, you might find it a bit easier to produce Not that your stuff isn't cool, it just looks time consuming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark gunton
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Jesse, that site rules dude.

I have finally found my one true love. I am buying it ASAP.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes. These are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.