Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Annoyance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

When placing zombies,

1: If for example entrance 3 and entrance 4 of the colony have 3 zombies in them and for some reason you have to add 5 zombies to the colony, how does this work?

What I mean is, it gets to entrance 3 and you can't place one so you kill a survivor.... does it end there or do you go to entrance 4 where you can't place a zombie and then kill a second survivor?.... and then just place the 5th zombie in entrance 5 as normal?

Hope that makes sense. Also,

2: The lady survivor that gets to search the library and look at an extra card.. if she gets the blueprints to the library, does she get to add that to her card skill and get to look at 3?

Hope
Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Xie79 wrote:
Hi,

When placing zombies,

1: If for example entrance 3 and entrance 4 of the colony have 3 zombies in them and for some reason you have to add 5 zombies to the colony, how does this work?

What I mean is, it gets to entrance 3 and you can't place one so you kill a survivor.... does it end there or do you go to entrance 4 where you can't place a zombie and then kill a second survivor?.... and then just place the 5th zombie in entrance 5 as normal?

You continue until all the zombies you were supposed to add have been added, or killed a survivor if they could not be added.

Quote:
2: The lady survivor that gets to search the library and look at an extra card.. if she gets the blueprints to the library, does she get to add that to her card skill and get to look at 3?

Yes, I believe the 2 abilities stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
Xie79 wrote:

Yes, I believe the 2 abilities stack.

You may stack them, or not:
1) You may look at and keep 3 cards
2) You may look at and keep 2 cards, twice.

With either option you can have 4 cards using two dice.
I'm not really sure when will option 2 be more viable, but it's still possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Late Night Society of Token Pushers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Xie79 wrote:
Hi,

When placing zombies,

From the Dead of Winter FAQs 1.1:

6.2.0 Adding Zombies
6.2.1 When do I add and remove survivors that are killed and gained when adding zombies?

Here a simple breakdown of the adding zombies part of the Colony Phase:
A) Add all zombies at the colony.
B) Check Morale.
C) Add all Zombies at all non-colony locations. (In location order)
D) Check Morale
E) Resolve all Noise tokens. (In location order)
F) Check morale

If a player’s last remaining survivor would be killed (or otherwise lost), that player immediately removes from the game all cards in her hand, draws a new survivor card, adds it to the game, and makes that survivor her new group leader. This process will interrupt any of the Adding Zombie sections above. If an Exiled player loses their last Survivor, they choose a new non-Colony location to place their new survivor. They may choose to place it at a Location that has not had Zombies added yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.