Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Is there anyone out there willing to sell their kickstarted sellsword edition (either used Like new, or new)? I will pay top dollar. We can do it through the geek store with PayPal.

Edit - I have found someone and paid them for this game already. I'm kind of surprised how many PMs for NIS I got on this item. I was having an extremely hard time finding it anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for Sellsword Editon to Purchase
What are you willing to pay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You will not pay me what it is worth to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, you REALLY don't wanna waste the money on it. The Sellsword is one of the most useless components of this otherwise fine game. I have played sooooo many games of this and I have yet to see it make even a small impact on the game. There are so many other things your money (both in the game and out) is better spent on. imho, the only KS extra for this game worth lusting over are the Envoy cards and even those are completely and 100% not necessary ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
Paul, you REALLY don't wanna waste the money on it. The Sellsword is one of the most useless components of this otherwise fine game. I have played sooooo many games of this and I have yet to see it make even a small impact on the game. There are so many other things your money (both in the game and out) is better spent on. imho, the only KS extra for this game worth lusting over are the Envoy cards and even those are completely and 100% not necessary ;P

Sellsword edition also has the three extra empty space tiles and the white blanks, aka the 'Devkit' or whatever.

Wonder when Cody will start selling those individually?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:

This isn't about whether or not it's good. I'm a completionist. I realize it isn't that good as my friend has it and we honestly don't even use it when it pops up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:
What are you willing to pay?

I have sent you a message. I would need to know if yours is used or new before making an offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If used copy, I will for sure pay $100 plus shipping. If this is not enough, feel free to counter offer. New in shrink, I will pay $150, feel free to counter offer this also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McDougall
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's someone in my local area who is selling theirs:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/346542785498378/permalink/46...

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravendas wrote:
Rapscallion_69 wrote:

Sellsword edition also has the three extra empty space tiles and the white blanks, aka the 'Devkit' or whatever.

I've got a quote from Panda for the Devkit tiles - they aren't too expensive for a print run, but the shipping is going to be high because they are so heavy. Any suggestions price-wise what you'd pay for 1 punchboard, or a set of 3?

Cheers, -Cody
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Oughton
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi Cody! I'd prefer them in sets of 3 (or more!), and would definitely pay in the range of $7-12 for a set of 3. I have no idea how that compares to production costs + shipping. I know people who balk at those prices for expansions, though, so this could be high for some. I very highly value having modded stuff "look the part" as much as possible, though (When I print off SmallWorld races from BGG, I always buy extra expansion sets so that I can put the new images on the actual race tiles from an expansion set so that they "look real"). I'm generally willing to pay "expansion" prices for mod-kit type stuff. With the great sectors that have been posted here on BGG, I want to print them and try them but I only have three blank sectors at the moment and can't choose! I've been convincing myself to wait until I hear word about the modding kits. Maybe a poll through KS (or on here, I guess) would be best to gauge people's price points and see what's feasible for everyone else who's less of a modded perfectionist than I am.
Another question, is it possible to have anything else printed as blanks for modding? I'm thinking mostly of Mission/NPC/title card blanks, especially so that missions can be added to go with additional fanmade sectors. Maybe ship mats, too, though I'd care less about these since they don't sit in a draw pile that, to me, should look as uniform as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rat King
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, $7-$12 sounds like a price range I could live with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consectari wrote:
I agree, $7-$12 sounds like a price range I could live with.

Maybe $10 per punchboard, $25 for a set of 3 as a slight volume discount since they ship in a single package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Id be ok paying Xwing prices per ship. $15 for a class 1 and maybe $20 for a class 3 (MSRP of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sasachaz wrote:
Ravendas wrote:
Rapscallion_69 wrote:

I've got a quote from Panda for the Devkit tiles - they aren't too expensive for a print run, but the shipping is going to be high because they are so heavy. Any suggestions price-wise what you'd pay for 1 punchboard, or a set of 3?

Cheers, -Cody

Cody, as long as you're here. I would really like an expansion for this game. It wouldn't have to be that complicated. My main thing about this game is that I or someone else always buys the fastest engine on the first turn and the whole map gets revealed really fast (we run out of tiles). I think it would be really cool if you made an expansion with more random space tiles of nebulas, suns, planets, etc. and matching mission cards for them. Space should be infinitely vast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.