United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
First time playing a three-player game the other night, we ran out of elephant cards well before the last scoring round. The English translation says to remove the elephant card from the game when you select it, along with any china that's destroyed. Are you just supposed to set the elephant card aside, and when the deck is depleted, reshuffle to make a new elephant deck?

Thanks for the help!
-Da Coach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Parsons
United Kingdom
CHELMSFORD
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This came up in my first game too. Reshuffling the discard pile is the obvious thing to do. It's just surprising that the rules don't cover it.

Also curiously absent from the rules is anything about re-starting the game after scoring. Do we discard our china cards or keep them? We decided on keep because the rules didn't tell us to discard. Does play resume with the player after the one who triggered the scoring? That is the obvious thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
FWIW, we re-shuffled (the only choice, I think) and continued with the next player without discarding (the only reasonable choice, I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the running-out-of-elephant-cards problem:

The German rules that came with the game also state to remove the elephant cards from the game after play. Amigo Spiele has released new rules on their site that tell you to re-shuffle the discard pile after you run out of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Strömer
Sweden
Lidingo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is incredible peculiar.

IF, and it seems clear that this is needed, the elephant deck needs to be reshuffled, then why not write that in the rules?

The next question: Why are there not enoough elephant cards? To provide some uncertainty at the end of the game?

Regarding scoring, I guess that you should keep your porcelain. It is breakable enough as it is.

/Strömer, from Sweden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coach Z, Andy,

it is a mistake in the original german rules from "Amigo".
the cards have to be reshuffeld.
and china cards are not discarded after scoring.
the original translation from "Playroom" do mention the correct rules.

nice dice
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.