Subject: Wondering about the British Fleet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
If the UK does not have production until January 1940, is there (or should there be) Strategic Warfare in the NA Convoy Box since the Germans have their submarines there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
As British Production is 0, even if there are German Subs in the NA Convoy Box they cannot reduce the British Production.

ALL THE BEST

emanuele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
OK. But, if the British, for some reason, had a fleet in the convoy box at some point between September and December, could there be combat for one round (at the Germans discretion)?

Is it true that if Doenitz appears too early in the game (German choice), Weseruebung cannot take place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,

the British have so many threat to face I would not send the Royal Navy out without a precise defensive task.

Do you see something I'm missing?

About Weserubung: the Special Bonus is related to Doenitz, thus no Doenitz no Bonus.

Even without the Special Bonus the Germans may get Oslo and Copenaghen. After that, conquering all Norway will be a long and bloody adventure for the Wehrmacht (Norwegian 0-step infantry will stand for months).

But - beeing this so obvious - may offer the Germans the choice for not doing it.

What do you think?

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Sounds good to me.

Here is the final question...and I forgot to ask it earlier. I had asked a week ago or so about keeping fleets in supply when out at Sea and what happens if they are not in supply in the Supply Phase (white barrel) and cannot be put into supply during the Final Supply Phase if left at Sea (basically, can they still move 1 Nautical Mile to get back to port - if it is needed).

Now, what happens if the Naval HQ does not have enough APs during the SRM to fuel all of the fleets that are currently out at Sea (in a Body of Water or in a Convoy Box)? What does one do with unfueled fleets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They must come back to ports.

ALL THE BEST

ema

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Netherlands
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:

About Weserubung: the Special Bonus is related to Doenitz, thus no Doenitz no Bonus.

ema

I believe in the manual and on the Early War cards this task is for Reader not Doenitz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rwargamer wrote:
ULTIMO wrote:

ema

I believe in the manual and on the Early War cards this task is for Reader not Doenitz.

Right Raoul,

it is Raeder, not Doenitz!

ATB

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rwargamer wrote:
...this task is for Reader not Doenitz.

Totally agree - he was a bit of a bookworm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Netherlands
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Kenny and I have been reading the rules many times. I would like that Greg has the correct setup when playing further. We have not replaced Reader until we canceled Sealion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.