Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tang Sam
Hong Kong
North Point
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game solo to learn the rule. The game looks interesting, but it is not always clear who a given mage belongs to.

So it is clear for me that before I take it out to a gaming session, I have to do two things: Sleeve the oversize cards, AND find a solution for showing who a given mage belongs to clearly.

Coloring the figure base is one of the solution, you would need Red(Sorcery), Blue(Divinity), Back(Mysticism), Green(Natural Magick), Purple(Planar Studies) & White(Student Union) figure bases for the base game and Orange(Technomaney) for the expansion. That would need (6 + 1) x 7 = 49 figure bases (A max of 7 mages per plaryer). But there are only 35 + 7 figure bases provided from the game & expansion. So there would be one color short. Since there are a maximum of 5 + 1 players, this would become an issue when someone decided to play with the Student Body/Union (White). Even then the Student Body/Union player could take the color of the department which no one else is playing.

But this doesn't feel right for me, so I would love to consider other options. Could someone tell me how the PnP version handle the mages' alliance? Or how Trey & Brad had done for their demo version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can paint 5 or 6 then use the flags in the unpainted bases to denote any extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some players use clear winks to great effect in the flag slots. Personally, I would recommend gluing the mages into the bases, rather than painting the bases for the departments.

The PnP advises you to use any kind of pawn that suits the purpose, and recommends placing meeples on top of colored poker chips, if I recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.