Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, I just managed to acquire Runebound with the Sands and Mists expansions. Played based game and absolutely loved it. So my question is:

What other expansions are worth getting at the price they are at now and what order of value for money should I acquire them in?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any expansions at reasonable cost unless you find a local game store where it still sits on a shelf. But which are best is already decided here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490989/which-expansion-best-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Brøchner
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you first start to buy the expansions, you just can't stop, you wanna get 'em all.
It will be an obsession, trust me.

I enjoyed the year it took me to get all the expansions.
I daily checked Ebay, contacted shops around the world, even contacted people here on BGG and gave them an offer they couldn't refuse

Happy hunting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
I don't see any expansions at reasonable cost unless you find a local game store where it still sits on a shelf. But which are best is already decided here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/490989/which-expansion-best-...

wow that poll is bizarre. Makes me wonder if people actually played these things.

All the adventure variants are rated in a close range. But Scions is quite bad and the rules don't make any sense. Maybe they are all not well liked in general, but some of them feel quite rushed, while others play pretty well.

Since you already have a couple big box expansions, if you were choosing, my advice would be to go with encounter and market expansions over adventure variants (assuming same prices). You can add a lot of mileage to the base game with a few encounter expansions + a few market expansions - whichever you can get your hands on at a reasonable price. Some are going for a lot more than others (e.g., Dark Forest), but i don't think any are worth a lot more than any of them relative.

I do see most of the expansions (except IoD and Midnight) occasionally at non-bank breaking prices, particularly if you get the no-box small ones with cards in good shape - I've seen them for around $15 - 20. They're inflated compared to original price new, but once you've played a new copy, it would be the same. And new they were like $8 - 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:

wow that poll is bizarre. Makes me wonder if people actually played these things.

Exactly. Traps and Terrors is rated very high when that and all the Banners should be burned out of the deck. All the characters decks should have been "Actively Harmful". Truthseer Kel is rated the same as Jonas?

Sands has great theme but is the worse of all the big box games, with every game ending with one player auto passing a bunch of skill tests after defeating a single red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.