Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Logan Daugherty
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was curious if anyone would like to share their storage solutions for the minis. Would like to cart them around but don't like repeatedly having to take them out of their plastic cases. Any help? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread: Storing investigator minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen wargamers with cases for mini's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are all pretty neatly inside the Miskatonic expansion box, still in their plastic cases. Couldn't be easier.

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep them all in their plastic cases in a large box. They are easy to get in and out of the original cases.

Same for the monster minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
Investigators:
Easy. ArtBin makes the perfect plastic tray. It's the 4-1/8" x 9" x 2" box. You'll have to email the company for extra dividers, or find them elsewhere, but if you fill it out with the dividers it has space for all 48 investigators. I even put a little foam down in each compartment and labeled each space (not pictured below, that came later).

I got mine at a local crafts store. While trying to find this item on the web to explain to the company over email what I was looking to buy dividers for, I found this:
http://www.amazon.com/14-1-Inch-Solutions-4-48-Compartments/...

The one linked to might not be the exact one I have, but in fact it might be better. Mine doesn't actually have 48 compartments, though it's the same size (...I think). The one linked above looks like it has the latches and such situated such that it DOES have all 48 compartments whereas the one I have really only has 43 (but it still works great, just have to remember who's who in the "common compartments".

Monsters:
This is a project I'm about to embark on. It'd be expensive and perhaps not even work, but what I'm planning on at least trying is taking out all the minis from their plastic, breaking them up into groups alphabetically, measure the cubic space they take up, try to get, I don't know, 6 groups as even space-wise as possible, then find some bins with plastic drawers that'll accommodate everything. I'll get some foam (probably the most expensive part here) and cut it to fit the drawers, then cut out spaces to accommodate the minis halfway up their bodies. I'll take another piece of foam and mirror it to use as a lid of sorts (to be placed inside the drawers), so everything will be wrapped in foam. When I play I'll just remove the foam lids, and when I have to pull a mini I'll just open the A-D drawer or whatever and pull the mini I need.

I'm not sure what else to do for the monsters that would protect them, be at least partially portable, and provide easy, quick in-game access. The costs of all the foam might be prohibitive unless I can find a good deal somewhere, and I'm not sure how much cubic feet I'll be looking at. I'm hoping I can ultimately find 2 or 3 bins with 3 or 4 drawers each that'll accommodate everything. I'll wrap them in bungies for travel and have something at least kind of portable as well. I have yet to pull it all out and look at it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reginald Haniver
msg tools
mb
I'm considering adding the miniatures to my games. I already have Mansions of Madness. Are the pre-paints made of similar material to the unpainted MoM miniatures? I'd like to mix and match to cut down on storage space, but my obsessive compulsive side is likely to twitch at a slight difference in density and mass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
TouchedPrawn wrote:
Are the pre-paints made of similar material to the unpainted MoM miniatures?

They are the same minis, just painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reginald Haniver
msg tools
mb
AnyMouse wrote:
TouchedPrawn wrote:
Are the pre-paints made of similar material to the unpainted MoM miniatures?

They are the same minis, just painted.

Thank you, sir. Time to get back into painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misa 1989
Greece
Ampelokipoi, Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where I could find the minis, fantasy flight seems to have them out of stock at the moment. I only find a 550$ lot on ebay...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.