Hide
6 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Demonic assault and Charge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bors
msg tools
For the chimera it has a card named Demonic assault and it allows three attack including the ranged attack. If you use charge does that mean the ranged portion of the attack cannot be made? I am thinking no because it reads if possible with the ranged part of the card and the rules with charge say only melee, BUT the new card could supersede those rules. So I am curious...

Demonic Assault
Special
Monster 5
Action: Disable this Upgrade, and then place 1 DT on it.

Continuous Effect: Instead of attacking normally, you may make 1 Bite attack, 1 Horns attack, and 1 Breath Weapon attack (if possible).

Must be a Chimera to equip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Charging would prevent the Chimera from attack with it's Breath Weapon as that is a ranged attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Johan is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mjölnyr .
msg tools
mb
Its a basic understandment in most games that NO wins over YES, if for some reason I have an efect that states "I canNOT loose" it overrides any condition that would make me loose the game (would be useless if not)

thake that rule for "most" cases (specific usually overrides generic rulings too so your question seems quite legit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this differ from the ruling about charge tokens and free attacks?

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=37...

It seems that Demonic Assault gives you three attacks which you can take in any order and that spending the charge token can be the first step of any attack. So you could use the Breath Weapon as the first attack and then charge with one of the later attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is definitely legal. The original question was whether spending the Charge Token prohibited you from using the Breath Weapon, and that is still the case. But if you breathe, THEN charge, you can get all 3 attacks in for sure.

The reason for this is that multiple separate attacks use the entire combat sequence (starting at step 1: use charge token).

This is different from an area attack, where you keep going back to step 3 (roll attack dice) each time you attack the next creature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.