Adam Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if there's a ruling on how these cards would interact with each other?

Frost Battle Axe - You may roll +1 attack die when attacking with your Primary Weapon Melee attack; this attack is now considered a Frost attack.

Searing Smite - Action: Disable this upgrade... Continuous Effect: You may roll +1 attack die when attacking with a Primary Weapon Melee attack; this attack is now considered a Fire attack.

Poison Blade - Action: Place 2 duration tokens on this Upgrade. Continuous Effect: When attacking with a Melee attack, roll +1 attack die and convert 1 hit result into 1 crit result. When this Effect ends for any reason discard this Upgrade. This upgrade has no effect against Poison Creatures.

They are, respectively, Weapon, Divine Spell, Special upgrades.

Can I roll +3 if I have searing/poison active and choose to use my axe? What is the elemental type of this attack? Poison blade does not specify it is a poison attack, like the other two do, only that it is ineffective against poison creatures, does this matter?

Also Cleave - Cost +2 for non-Fighters.
Generic Frost Giant is Frost Giant Fighter, is Jarl not a Frost Giant Fighter as well, his card does not specify fighter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your attack would be Cold and Fire, because that is specificed. Attacks can have more than one type. Having typed damage is a detriment in this game: if you attack a Fire or Cold creature, they get a free additional Evade against your damage.

Poison Blade does not work against poison creatures so that would get taken off before the roll instead of resistance applying after the roll like the other two, which is why its worded differently.

Jarl Horn would not count as a Fighter. A similar question was asked wether or not Sapriel was a Paladin (because the generic angel is a Paladin).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
Smite, frost axe, and poison should work but the poison and smite would only overlap their dice on one turn as they each only have two time counters and each cost an action to use. So as i understand inly one attack will receive the +3dice. Also giants can not take cleave for an upgrade as it is a heroic upgrade and neither giant have an heroic upgrade slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each of the effects is optional, so you can forgo a die to avoid an evade result. This isn't always the right thing to do -- if you are making an attack against Vakka with either 3 dice (no type) or 4 dice (Cold) but your damage is non-penetrating, the extra chance(s) at getting a crit to go through the armour. The difference is noticeable if you also have a target token.

Attack Expected 0 1 2 3

3 None + target (0.703125) 0.448795 0.412159 0.126171 0.012875
4 Cold + target (0.817126) 0.388058 0.427830 0.163041 0.021071

This assumes optimal use of the target token. All damage will be crits and I'm not including the extra damage that they may cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick replies guys, trying to nail down a build.

Also, thanks for making me recheck Helm of Leadership Bors. Didn't not the fact it only grants a heroic slot if you have a heroic slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.