Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
How often during a fight are you allowed to use a special ability of an hero or an ally?

All I could find about that in the german rules:
"...Die Wirkung einer Spezialfähigket wird normalerweise nur einmal bei jeder Aktivierung entfaltet und sie kann nur einmal aktiviert werden..."
(page 15, "Spezialfähigkeiten"). I'd translate that to "...The effect of a special ability will normaly only take place once and could only be activated once..."

Doese that mean:
a) could only be activated once per combat
b) could only be activated once per combat round
c) could only be activated once per combat phase

d) could only be activated once per dice roll/target effect, but as often as you could pay its cost (for example resource cards/discarting actions counters/allies) during the combat ?

The answer to this question is quite important for it would change the strength of some heroes and foes dramatically.

Happy dice,

BadPritt cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whenever you use the Special Ability of your ally, you must discard a plot-point on the card or the card itself. When the card is discarded, you can't use it anymore.
When you use a special ability of your hero, normally you need to discard a ressource card, as long as you have cards you can use the ability.
As far as I am concerned, there is no limit in using your abilities in a combat.
We played the demos in Essen that way and now I play it that way at home.
I guess in the sentence "Die Wirkung einer Spezialfähigket wird normalerweise nur einmal bei jeder Aktivierung entfaltet und sie kann nur einmal aktiviert werden..."
the second "aktiviert" is a translation error. It should better be "benutzt". You can activate it as much as you want but use it only once per activation.

An example:
You have the special combat ability "Add two hits to your last roll", when you activate it, you may not use this ability for you attack, defense AND outwit roll. You can use it only for one dice roll, if you want to use it for your second roll, you have to discard another card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Nepitello
Italy
Venezia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every ability can be activated as long as you have resource cards to spend. BUT you cannot use an ability to affect the same die roll/die roll result/rating more than once.

So it is possible to use 'Uru Hammer' to add 1 die first to your attack, then your defense (the ability can affect both) spending two cards in the same combat, but it cannot be used twice to add 2 dice to the same attack, or defense.

Francesco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite surprised by your answer.

Some of the foes/criminals/bosses ("Schurken") become quite fearsome this way, especialy the longer the game lasts thus having the players collect more and more "Schurkenkarten" aka the grey criminal cards. I don't have the game with me right now, but I remember bosses that could: "discard a criminal card to have the opponent lose 2 dice" (!), "discard a criminal card to discard a KO..."....

Those special abilities could be "fueled" by ALL opponents not just the player controling the boss! Keeping that in mind it might be also an important difference WHEN you fight. If you fight late in the turn, after some other battles, most grey cards from the oppnents hands might be already gone. For the starting player (aka the one lowest on victory points) is likely to fight first suddenly going first looks like a disadvantage not as an advantage.

Is this all like intended ?

Greetings

BadPritt cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
BadPritt wrote:
If you fight late in the turn, after some other battles, most grey cards from the oppnents hands might be already gone. For the starting player (aka the one lowest on victory points) is likely to fight first suddenly going first looks like a disatvantage not as an advantage.

But you should manage your cards! You know that the first player is the one with less VPs and that all the other players have still to play. Keep THAT in mind to choose if and when you want to discard your grey cards.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Essentially the point is that the same ability can not be "stacked" onto itself to gain a larger bonus than its text says. Except for that, the limit comes from the resources available (plot points, cards on the table, cards in hand...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.