Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Winter Wolves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was playing around with creating some custom made cards for some winter wolves. Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. The breath is kind of out of place....but the rest looks cool. I think wolves would be Neutral not Evil. The wolves should have a good dial as they are agile creatures....maybe all the ones and twos with 3 forward and a 1 back with a Red 4 forward and a Red 3 K turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. Was thinking similarly regarding sgile movement just wasn't sure how to do it. As for the alignment and breath weapon took those right from the d&d monster manual as winter wolves are listed as neutral evil and they do indeed have a cold breath weapon.

Huh...just noticed my named winter wolf lost it's name lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mjölnyr .
msg tools
mb
Winter Wolfs are from D&D lore, they are evil and have the ability to exhale a cone of freezing cold (should be named freezing breath or whatever not to overlap names with the silver's and white's breath)

BTW... what are you using to make custom cards plain ld PS or is there a MCM template?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea regarding the name for the breath weapon, don't want confusion with the dragon ones. Will see if can post updates tomorrow if get a chance to do the maneuvers.

As for card templates was using the ones posted in the attack wing facebook page created by SteRT
I don't know if the files were ever posted here or not but if you can't access the facebook group I'd be happy to e-mail them to you. I have them both in their origin gimp files as well as .psd files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...updated the first post to change the name of the breath weapon....as well as add a card with the movement. What do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mjölnyr .
msg tools
mb
Ill give you my input as I see winter wolves from the D&D perspective

winter wolves are BIG, evil, inteligent magical beasts not just wite cold wolves, it's tipical to see just one or just a couple as Frost Giant's guard dogs, and those on high level encounters

So I would aim at higer atributes,PWR3 for basics, PWR4 for the named one, anyway I think they are a little overpriced as you have them, not having any form of ranged primary weapon

Underdark Rangers are 3/2/3/0 and can shoot arrows at range 4 - they cost just 17 points so I believe at the same atributes they should cost 14 points, one more than Dragon cultists who have a worst manouver dial, probably the 3/1/4/0 looks more like a mean magical beast.

Speaking of manouver dial, I believe a big bad winter wolf is faster than a Drow ranger but less nimble, so I would propose something like this:

4 ^
3 ^/ n
2 ^/>
1 ^/>
0 o

I'll give you my take on the upgrades later
And dont forget to give them the cold subtipe!

PS... wolves do not feint, canines have trouble moving sideways, they would roll in the ground, that's one of the reasons to attack in packs, to distract the prey and flank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input.....
And seems I DID lose the cold subtype...swear I did give them that but it isn't there now (oh wait I see...I added it to the abilities but not the wolf itself...oops). Should all the stats be higher do you think or just the attack? I had been trying to convert stats from the d&d monster manual but guess didn't do the best job of it lol. Regarding the feint would you suggest swapping it for another or just going with the two?

Will wait to see what you think of the upgrades and will edit all the cards at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.