Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Little
United Kingdom
Lincoln
LINCS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I wanted to create a custom box to take a selection of games away travelling. I went for a fairly compact size (an A4 box) and then tried to cram as much playability into it as I could. I made a custom insert and managed to pack quite a bit of gameplay into a fairly tight space.

Games included are Machi Koro, Coup, Splendor, The Resistance, Love Letter, Hanabi and Jaipur. There's even room for the manuals but I'm tempted to print out some cut down versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance G
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
...determines everything.
badge
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
mbmbmbmbmb
I LIKE the creativeness there in how you assembled that! cool

Curiosity has got me here. Where did the lid come from?

Great work there and thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Little
United Kingdom
Lincoln
LINCS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you.

The plastic box came with the lid. It's just harder to make out the tray that the foam core sits in as its transparent.

It's the type of box you'd buy from a hobby store for storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got enough room in there for The Great Heartland Hauling Co. as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like some tight organising! Good selection of games for travelling with, as well.

fecundity wrote:

It's the type of box you'd buy from a hobby store for storage.

In case anyone is looking for something similar: the ones I've seen around are all made by these people:

http://www.westonboxes.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could cut down the size of splendor by getting some gaming stones/chits in the different colors instead of carrying around the poker chips. I love those chips, but you could probably get another game in there if you make this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petronius wrote:
You could cut down the size of splendor by getting some gaming stones/chits in the different colors instead of carrying around the poker chips. I love those chips, but you could probably get another game in there if you make this change.

There's probably a way to reuse the Jaipur tokens for Splendor, or maybe find a replacement chip that could serve both purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Little
United Kingdom
Lincoln
LINCS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I agree on the chips but it wouldn't feel like Splendor with little counters. Just me?

I also contemplated using the Machi Koro money for Coup that would cut down on components as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.