11 Posts

HeroClix» Forums » General

Subject: Fast forces and maps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chozo Tull
msg tools
Hello all,

I've rediscovered some old Heroclix figs and decided to use them more often as a draft-style miniatures game. I placed an order for some more online which will bring me around 40 figs, obviously quite a small collection compared to some people out there but well, I bought Heroclix in France when I was 13, so I didn't have the biggest resources to spend on boosters ...

Anyway, here's my problem : I only have the original map (from the Infinity challenge starter ...) which is a bit old and plain and a map from the Universe set which is quite small - it was meant to be completed by corners but I can't find them. It could still do for a quick 2p experience, but even then, it might be a tad boring.

Apparently in the new Fast Forces packs two maps are included. I presume they look cooler than the maps from 2004, but are they large enough for say a 4p game ?

(I don't mind getting new figs to toy around, they would probably end up being restricted to one or two per player (apparently the new ones destroy the older ones, but their point rating reflects that, so no worries, I guess)).

Any thoughts ? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Engle
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one map sheet is in the Fast Forces package but it has a different map printed on each side. As for size, they are 16x24 squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chozo Tull
msg tools
Cool, thanks

That sounds like a good amount of room. I'll definitely look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there is some speculation that maps will no longer be offered in the Fast Forces packs as of Justice League Trinity War. We know for sure that instead of a map, we're getting a "bonus dial" in the form of Atomica in the Justice League Trinity War set. Only time will tell if this is a permanent change, or just a one-time occurrence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chozo Tull
msg tools
Uh, nice catch, will keep that in mind. Fortunately we Europeans are a bit off schedule, so It shouldn't be too hard finding a pack offering maps (one of my FLGSs still has some Flash Rogues for example). Or I might get a starter pack to see what the new rules are ... Choices choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah there will undoubtedly be a new starter coming out with Age of Ultron in a couple of months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chozo Tull
msg tools
... Well, couldn't resist, bought the Teen Titans starter set and Birds of prey fast forces ... I think I might be hooked again, it was a bargain, the new figs are cool, I like the fact that I basically got a good start for a good two player game with less slowing down than previously considering the abilities near KO. And I might still pull out the bigger collection for 4p games ... Until I fall prey to buying some new figures slowly but surely now that I have a steady income.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chozo Tull wrote:
... Well, couldn't resist, bought the Teen Titans starter set and Birds of prey fast forces ... I think I might be hooked again, it was a bargain, the new figs are cool, I like the fact that I basically got a good start for a good two player game with less slowing down than previously considering the abilities near KO. And I might still pull out the bigger collection for 4p games ... Until I fall prey to buying some new figures slowly but surely not that I have a steady income.

Tell me about it. I went crazy buying up Gotham City -related stuff, largely because they made it so easy to collect. Some of my favorite characters are right in those packs! I also went a little nuts buying up the Streets of Gotham City stuff. I love the fact that I can now field a complete Gotham City Police Dept team! Who needs vigilantes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to find some good Fast Forces packs

The Legion of Doom and Rogues Fast Forces were also really great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chozo Tull
msg tools
I'm not a comic book buff and even less of a DC fan but I'm keeping an eye out for a Rogues set, I know nothing about these guys but the figs look good.

Thanks for the replies guys, it helps putting my "WHY SO MUCH MONEY ON BOARD GAMES" side to sleep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you on the DC thing. I would say my own comic collection is about 90% Marvel. It's interesting though, because generally speaking, I've found that the DC clix have more interesting abilities and are more fun to play than the Marvel characters. That's just my opinion, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.