Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: So it's Current time for every runner now right? (Housekeeping) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
So I have just gone thru my runner decks of choice and made changes accordingly, adding minimum 2 Currents to each runner deck.

Why? Housekeeping, and if I am playing Kit, Cerebral Static.

Now mind you I have played 3 games against Housekeeping and won 2 of them. But it wasn't so much being able to win or lose it was the work I had to do to get around Housekeeping.

So in accordance I cleaned house with my runner decks and put in:

Net Celebrity (no brainer there that's a 3 of)
Scrubbed
Unscheduled Maintenance (works good with Leela btw)

I think Currents have officially arrived with O&C.

Laters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
Played yesterday and I think the same might be true for Corp for the mere possibility of Itinerant Protesters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aldershof II
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
I couldn't believe there was at least one neutral Current for Runner. Sad Face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
I didn't understand why runner currents were largely dismissed out of the gate. I think scrubbed is great, and net celeb can be a nice bonus. The corp ones are pretty annoying too so it definitely makes sense to add them.

If you don't put a current in your deck you leave yourself open to having some unfavorable conditions. Though deck space is already really tight for runners.

Deck space is tighter for corps, I think that's always been generally accepted.

Conclusion: deckspace is tight for everyone.

And I think Net Celeb is the only multi-purpose splashable current, I feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
The problem with currents had mostly been the opportunity cost. There's probably a card you'd rather draw, and the currents aren't very efficient on the runner side. ELP is the only corp one worth fighting in my opinion, and there are other solutions now, like amped up.

House keeping is only a problem for decks that are installing too much anyways. Since there's play around this one, I think you only go for the current if your deck demands it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
one is coming soon if i'm not mistaken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always thought that the issue wasn't with corp currents being better than runner ones, so much as the deckbuilding issue around the method of removing currents.

Clustered agenda decks (i.e. lots of agenda points concentrated in few, high-value cards) suit currents well, as there are less opportunities to steal/score and trash the current.

Distributed agenda decks (i.e. agenda points spread across many, low-value cards) hinder currents, as there are many opportunities to steal/score and trash the current.

So a runner building currents into their deck will suffer when facing a corp with a distributed agenda point setup.

A corp with currents will obviously suffer in this case too. But they obviously have an advantage in that they know the agenda mix because they decide it!

A corp putting currents in their twenty agenda PE deck would be foolish. They'd be happy to add currents to their 'Government Takeover' deck though. A runner doesn't have that advanced knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you discarding randomly with Housekeeping? That was a mistake I made the first time playing against it--I assumed it was a random discard when the runner actually gets to choose.

The design of currents is such that you don't actually need to play currents of your own to counteract your opponent's. I don't think currents are worth paying any amount of influence, except maybe in niche cases (eg, Scrubbed in Kit could work). Likewise, I don't think most currents are worth playing and have trouble justifying deckslots. The best runner currents are Itinerant Protesters in Valencia and Net Celebrity in (Prepaid) Kate and other Shapers to a lesser extent. Even in my Prepaid Kate, Net Celebrity is a 1-of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My main reason for wanting Currents in my Runner decks of late is still Enhanced Login in RP. I just... ugh. So much hate for that combo. Sometimes I just want a way to switch it off easily, and a Current of my own is the easiest way.

Sadly, the only Runner Current which feels consistently worth including is Net Celeb (as almost every Runner deck spends some money on a run eventually), and I don't run much Shaper. The other ones are more deck-dependent. Scrubbed is nice and all, but not for every deck.

When we get the new Runner Currents in SanSan, I'm hoping for some tasty new toys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf88 wrote:
yeah, Traffic Jam

Quote:
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored.

The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp's scoring area that have the same name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still largely depends on the deck you're running. My shaper deck has plenty of redundancy, so I don't mind chucking a card to housekeeping now and then. With recursion as well it's no big deal. I can play around it.
ELP is a headache, but if you have a card based run event deck like eater+keyhole anarch, you don't care about ELP much at all. Criminals with dirty laundry, inside job, etc will be much the same.

So, I'd say it depends on your deck. I'm not sure I can fit 2 of net celeb in my runner deck at this time, though I have to admit the free credit and the auto clear on the corp current would be very nice.

Arggg netrunner! so many good cards, so little space. Argg i say arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt T
msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
My main reason for wanting Currents in my Runner decks of late is still Enhanced Login in RP. I just... ugh. So much hate for that combo. Sometimes I just want a way to switch it off easily, and a Current of my own is the easiest way.

yeah, i got hit with this exact combo at a store champs this weekend. i was not amused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
Wolf88 wrote:
yeah, Traffic Jam

Quote:
This card is not trashed until another current is played or an agenda is scored.

The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp's scoring area that have the same name.

Astrowhat?
Medicalwhat?
Heck, even Clonewhat?

Fun times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Bøe
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be really cool if Traffic Jam became so ubiquitous that the rational way to handle it is to include lots of different agendas. Kinda like how Atman dictated that you made sure you had a spread of ice strengths for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.