Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great write up, its a great game, indeed.

zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
great write up. Sound identical to a game I played in it almost as if I was playing the east...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mustafa Ünlü
United States
Takoma Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not only do the Muslims scourge the lands of Carthage but their navy obliterates the vessels carrying a large Roman Army traveling between the friendly ports lol Caesarea and Hippo Regins.

Muslims? In this time period?

You better check up on your history a tad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry I know Christopher very well (he is actually a history schoolar). I'm knows their are no muslims in this time period. I think he is more taking a poke at assumptions about the orient. Its all that wheels within wheels sort of think. La la la...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The East moving in conjunction with Rome against Carthage almost always thwarts Carthage's plans and opens things up for Roman expansion (which helps East, because it enables Rome to fight Greece). The only problem for the East is Rome growing out of control. It becomes a race and Rome has a good chance to win the race (though it starts behind) because of the deuced SW.

For that reason, when I am Carthage, I prefer a forward defense in Cyrene and naval forces in Libya to complicate an Eastern invasion. I don't think you can do this if you are trying to take over all of Hispania as well and holding the Silicies. I'd rather hold the Sicilies against Rome than have all of Hispania.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.