Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cervantes
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, I just started playing this great game. I love the way it plays, but with no rule book, it leaves me with some questions.
1) When the archer attacks from an adjacent space and they fail the attack do they suffer any damage since the monsters are not in the same space?

2) What are the die symbols in the legend track?

3) Is there anyway to slow the legend track down? Every time we kill something, it forces the legend marker to move, and it prevents us from winning the game.
Thanks in advance!

Paco2099

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Andor, Paco.

I try to answer your questions.
First yes the archer will take damage even from the space next door. So he shares the danger.

The dice symbols are used in various legends to randomize crature tokesn as well as some other events. So you roll the die and put the resp. piece there.
All parts not yet explained will be used in other legends and explained when you get there.

Yes you can slow the legend track down. Just refrain from killing undiscriminatly creatures. This game is not about killing it is about managing your assets and think hard about killing because killing is not just positive. It has a negative consequence also. If you win the legend it matters not if next night creatures will overrun it. So the task is not that easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paco2099 wrote:
Hello, I just started playing this great game. I love the way it plays, but with no rule book, it leaves me with some questions.
1) When the archer attacks from an adjacent space and they fail the attack do they suffer any damage since the monsters are not in the same space?

Yes they take damage just like other characters.

paco2099 wrote:

2) What are the die symbols in the legend track?

They are for later legends when you randomize elements. The legend cards will indicate what you will need to do.

paco2099 wrote:

3) Is there anyway to slow the legend track down? Every time we kill something, it forces the legend marker to move, and it prevents us from winning the game.
Thanks in advance!

No way to slow down the legend track that I know of. If you want to kill every monster, then you're going to lose every time. The game is about time management. Sorry if you didn't realize this before you got the game but it's not the type where you kill everything. You have to be very selective and strategic about what you decide to kill and what you accomplish your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paco2099 wrote:

No rule book? In the dutch version I have a 6? pages rule book... Don't you have that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no classic rulebook with all the rules of all the legends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.