BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Card Game with really small decks and dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Dip
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was playing Eredan Arena (an online game) recently, and it struck me how simple, fun and quick it is. Basically, both players have a deck of 5 Heroes, draw 3 at the start. The attacking player (which should be called priority player, IMHO) chooses which Hero to play first, then the defending player chooses who to use. Both players roll 6d4, with the faces being Red, Yellow, Blue and Attack. Red, Yellow and Blue are needed to trigger the abilities of your Hero (each Hero has 3 abilities), and Attack simply deals damage equal to the Strength of your Hero. You can reroll your dice yahtzee-style.

Is there anything similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... not quite that simple, but still a quick and fun duel game:

Summoner Wars

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rune Age is a deck building game, but the decks usually end up pretty small relative to others DBGs.

There is also an attrition die that is rolled quite often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machi Koro

Dungeon Roll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have just ordered Ninja Taisen the other day, and this could be what you're looking for. Very simple, 2 sets of cards, 3 dice and a roll and move mechanic that really lends to strategic thinking. All the combat is worked out with a rock, paper, scissors mechanic that really is awesome. Plus it's beautiful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a lot like God Dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.