United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Rodney Smith has posted his "Watch It Played" video for Specter Ops (found here.) and my word is it fantastic.

I cannot wait to get this game (and the fact its been posted maybe suggests that its not far off...) and this video has me even more excited!

Just the intro graphics themselves are fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how there are several bad ratings without any justification whatsoever. And, apparently, none of them owns the game.

If you're rating a game down, you could at least tell ppl why, so that those who don't know it yet, have a hint on what could be wrong with it.

Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the recently played and owned games of the low raters (5 and lower) they play/own almost exclusively Euros. Maybe the dice scared them from the fun. Or maybe the bright colors of the board were too much for there eyes... I kid, I kid. But knowing that Plaid Hat couldn't be further from a Euro game producer, it's not a big surprise some of these people didn't enjoy it. And I guess that is the point - we don't know why because they didn't leave comments. So yeah, not useful.

OSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The guy who gave it a 1 has given everything published by Plaid Hat the same score - some strange vendetta, I suppose? The game looks awesome, though I'm a bit concerned that they aren't really showing off the turn-by-turn cat and mouse part that constitutes the bulk of the actual gameplay, but just showing the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:
If you look at the recently played and owned games of the low raters (5 and lower) they play/own almost exclusively Euros. Maybe the dice scared them from the fun. Or maybe the bright colors of the board were too much for there eyes... I kid, I kid. But knowing that Plaid Hat couldn't be further from a Euro game producer, it's not a big surprise some of these people didn't enjoy it. And I guess that is the point - we don't know why because they didn't leave comments. So yeah, not useful.

OSG

I'm also a Euro player myself, but that doesn't mean that I have to hate the rest of the games.
And if I don't like some kind of mechanics in a game, I'm not gonna rate it down just because of that.
Normally I rate down games that I think that have problems, are unbalanced or just bad games. I don't rate a game 1 or 2 just because I don't like that type of game, that's just stupid IMO.

But, ratings are what they are I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
LongDarkBlues wrote:
The guy who gave it a 1 has given everything published by Plaid Hat the same score - some strange vendetta, I suppose?
This particular user has been doing this for years. I guess Colby killed his dog or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
oldschoolgamr wrote:

OSG

I'm also a Euro player myself, but that doesn't mean that I have to hate the rest of the games.
And if I don't like some kind of mechanics in a game, I'm not gonna rate it down just because of that.
Normally I rate down games that I think that have problems, are unbalanced or just bad games. I don't rate a game 1 or 2 just because I don't like that type of game, that's just stupid IMO.

But, ratings are what they are I guess.

Yeah, that's was my point. We don't know why they didn't like them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair though, one of the users that rated it a '4' did give a detailed review of why the game fell short of his expectations (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1306258/first-impression). All of his points were valid, and I completely see how "Specter OPS" will not fit some gamer's tastes.

With that said, I really am hopeful that the audience that enjoys this style of game would find a satisfying experience in "Specter OPS".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched gameplay videos part 1 and 2 and I'm officially excited. Rodney does it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
mostman79 wrote:
I just watched gameplay videos part 1 and 2 and I'm officially excited. Rodney does it again.

I know right?! Cannot wait to get my preorder, and in the meantime I can't wait for the next part of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
If all goes well, Part 3 releases today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
If all goes well, Part 3 releases today.

Rodney you just made my day you gorgeous man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Rodney's videos. My wallet hates them, but my board game collection shelf loves them.

Ordered Specter Ops specifically because of his game play videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.