Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the basic Attack! game, I find that the Diplomatic Blitz action too unpredictable, with players having no way to influence the outcome.

Current rule:
If you control an adjacent region, you roll 8 or more to succeed.
If not, you roll 9 or more to succeed.

So I propose this little variant:
You win control on 9 or more, but reduce that number by 1 for each adjacent region you control.

So if you are trying to take over a country which is adjacent to 2 of your regions, you need to roll 7 or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Thompson
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course, that makes it even easier at times to steamroll, particularly countries that have a lot of borders.

My issue with political blitz isn't people taking 3 or 4 countries and some guy getting 1 - that often determins who wins, since attacking a neutral country generally isn't worth the effort.

Try the diplomatic blitz as "one country either next to one of yours or the same political alignment as yours", and you might find it less arbitrary. Besides, I hate straight dice rolls :>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.