Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris
Can some players share with me on how they build a deck around Negotium. What are the cards combo/synergy? Would like to hear your comment on such (i.e. Negotium) decks are piloted and your evalution on its strengths and weaknesses in the current meta.

Yithians and Interstellar Migration
I still have not grasp on how to play the Yithian cards and Interstellar Migration especially after the the errata. What is the general strategy when playing with Yithian cards taking into consideration of the errata and whether Yithian decks are still good enough decks for casual play or are they too complicated to use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak about the Yithian mill deck, I never looked into it as it sounded way too boring and uninteractive to be enjoyable (for casual play). It's now been nerfed anyway.

As for Negotium, you don't normally build around it, but drop it in if you are worried about facing rush decks. It's generally a card to set your opponent back, not help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a deck (untested) that makes Negotium the centerpiece of a conspirator strategy. Cover Up, the Red-Gloved Man, Amaranth, Ol' Lazy Eyes, and three copies of Negotium itself pretty much guarantee that it will get into play quickly, and the nature of the card will help keep it there, giving abilities to conspirators and making a sink for low-cost characters.

There are a dozen low-cost characters here, to make sure that you don't forfeit the field in early turns, but generally, you'll want to resource the low-cost characters to get your higher-cost ones. Many of these characters have abilities good for defending at Negotium: The Terrible Old Man can eliminate the investigation struggle. Innsmouth Troublemakers are tough. The cheap characters are also fodder for Cthylla if you get her into the field, New Recruits being optimal to this end.

Muck It Up
Total Cards: (50)

Character: (31)
1x Abbess Allegria Di Biase (Terror in Venice)
3x Pious Carabiniere (Terror in Venice)
1x The Red-Gloved Man (Whispers in the Dark)
3x Mutant Spawn (Conspiracies of Chaos)
1x Don Lagorio (Terror in Venice)
1x Amaranth (Seekers of Knowledge)
1x Ol' Lazy Eyes (Conspiracies of Chaos)
3x Degenerate Serpent Cultist (The Wailer Below)
2x Agency Medic (Secrets of Arkham)
2x Innsmouth Troublemaker (Core Set)
1x The Terrible Old Man (Kingsport Dreams)
3x New Recruit (Initiations of the Favored)
1x Carl Stanford (Secrets of Arkham)
1x Castro (The Key and the Gate)
1x Mr. Ngambe (Ancient Horrors)
1x John Henry Price (Search for the Silver Key)
1x Jacques Artois (Never Night)
1x Norman Blackwood, Sr. (The Key and the Gate)
2x Local Sheriff (Core Set)
1x Cthylla (Seekers of Knowledge)

Support: (6)
1x Daemonolatreia (Lost Rites)
2x Sword of Y'ha-tallo (Core Set)
1x Shotgun (Core Set)
1x Patrol Wagon (Core Set)
1x Lightning Gun (Secrets of Arkham)

Event: (10)
2x Cover Up (Perilous Trials)
3x Calculated Mutation (Denizens of the Underworld)
2x Get it Off! (Core Set)
2x Noises in the Hills (Dunwich Denizens)
1x Eidolon (The Key and the Gate)

Conspiracy: (3)
3x Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris (Dunwich Denizens)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the errata, the Yithian mill deck is gone. You can still use Yithians, but not in that fashion.

Basically, Negotium is a card you would use if you are running a slower deck that needs some protection against fast/rush decks while it's getting set up. Does your deck have very few characters below cost 3 for instance? Then you may want to look at including Negotium.

Usually, there doesn't need to be any more specific synergy than that. If you did want to build around it a little more though, you can include Conspirator characters who get benefits from a Conspiracy being in play. This can also be done with other Conspiracies besides Negotium of course. However, by it's nature, Negotium stays on the table longer than most Conspiracies so their buffs will often be similarly longer lasting. You can also include cards like Red Gloved Man or Ol' Lazy Eyes to help find and get Negotium into play faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've found Shub's cost reduction and Cthulhu's hard control pair nicely with Negotium. A Shub/Cthulhu deck built around Priestess of Bubastis, Ghoulish Worshipper, Slender Man, Dark Quagmire and Khopesh of the Abyss came in 3rd place (out of 16) at the Portland regionals last year (going 4-1).

Run Flooded Vault to toolbox Dark Quagmire, Called by Azathoth and Khopesh. Use Ol' Lazy Eyes to drop Negotium on turn 1 and Red Gloved Man as your investigation closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
I can't speak about the Yithian mill deck, I never looked into it as it sounded way too boring and uninteractive to be enjoyable (for casual play). It's now been nerfed anyway.

As for Negotium, you don't normally build around it, but drop it in if you are worried about facing rush decks. It's generally a card to set your opponent back, not help you.
Yup. Here's a link to an older deck of mine that used Negotium Perambulans to good effect: Worms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.