Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone -

I've played the game a couple of times and tried it once with playing all of the events that you drew, and once playing it with the "play 2 events" option. I find that I prefer the "play 2" option over bogging the game down with playing all of them. So I have to ask - am I missing anything by not slowing the game down to "play all"?

I can see where a lot of chaos provided by events could shake things up, but it seems to slow the game down. Plus, if there happens to be a run on events in the Action Card deck, one person could really hose the other players. I know, I know - it's all part of the fun, but sometimes you want strategy to factor into a game - not just who's lucky.

While playing 2 events only, we found that it somewhat added an element of strategy to the event play. It was interesting seeing what events were tossed after a player played up to their 2 event card limit and discarded the rest for non-event cards. Plus, when a player had 2 events, played one then drew a card to replace it and it ended up being another event, they had to decide what card was more beneficial to play, and chuck the other one - so it wasn't just some mindless "play the card and it goes off" like when you play all and have no choice.

So, I am looking for those out there who've played this game more than I have - are we really missing out on anything if we stick to the "play 2" limit? So far, that seems to be the way to go for our group.

Thanks!
- GV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Zipse
United States
Jasper
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gene,

I've played about a million games and I (personally) prefer the limit. It adds a little extra decision making to the process and anything that keeps the game moving quicker is a plus to me. However, playing all events has its strengths as well. The game went through both versions during playtest and I received positive and negative feedback under each condition.

Thanks for your interest in the game!

- Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.