Subject: March 16, 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just FYI, I see VPG has made an official announcement on their site about ceasing production of Zeds version 2 on March 16, if you want to pick up a copy.

The announcement says they will launch Zeds 3 later in the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Zeds 3 - I'm in laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Harris
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.
badge
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. -- Winston Churchill
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty curious to see what a 'mass market' produced game from VPG is going to be like. I think they made a good call using Zeds as their guinea pig for this new line of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I imagine Hermann well need a wheelbarrow to cart all the money to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! It still won't make up for all the years of abuse I've taken from losing Zeds players!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

It will look very professional, like a FANTASY FLIGHT game (at least, that is very much our goal).

I just concluded an Alpha test game and know that we're getting the balance adjusted (and we've hammered the heck out of all of the features; they're working like champs). We're down to the tiny tweaking stages this week, and the game will be going to Barry in our graphics to make an awesome beta kit that we will be sending out the the "Z-Team" and start showing on the forums, etc.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but will the new version contain or be compatible with the Directors Cut expansion? And if so, will it contain the same art?

I only ask as I was a participant in the directors cut competition and have my likeness on a few of the cards. I still haven't bought it yet though. Was wondering if I should get it now or wait for the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but will the new version contain or be compatible with the Directors Cut expansion? And if so, will it contain the same art?

The 3rd edition will INCLUDE the material from THE DIRECTOR'S CUT. It will also have all-new art.

Quote:
I only ask as I was a participant in the directors cut competition and have my likeness on a few of the cards. I still haven't bought it yet though. Was wondering if I should get it now or wait for the new edition.

You will want to get it now. THE DIRECTOR'S CUT expansion will be sold after 16 March, however, at least for a while as demand lasts.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt reply. Order has now been placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alan, can you say the physical size of the new board? I use the smaller sized map now as it fits well in my available space. I could probably use the larger sized Tim Allen map if necessary, though I would probably have to move some components off table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

The 3rd edition map is based on the Tim Allen version, so 17" x 22". It fits all the new components quite comfortably.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.