Murray
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this is nota duplicate post...

Question #1
In the revised rules it is written:

Play is passed clockwise, allowing each player to play a campaign card (Momentum, Slander or Edge) from his or her hand to boost any candidate’s chances to win the current Issue.

Why did you write, “campaign card” when everywhere else you changed it in the rules to read “momentum card”? Are the cards in our hands called “CAMPAIGN CARDS” or “MOMENTUM CARDS”? Are all three types of cards considered campaign cards?

Question #2
Once the player decides not to sidestep an Issue, the cards special rules take effect. The player at the podium may now play a momentum card from his hand.

Do you actually mean to say “momentum card”, or do you mean “campaign card”? As the podium player, may I immediately play a slander or edge card in lieu of a momentum card?

Question #3
Play then passes from one player to the next, as many times as necessary, until all players choose not to play anymore momentum cards. Choosing not to play a momentum card is indicated by saying “pass.”

How is “momentum card” defined? Do you actually mean to say “momentum card” or will a “slander card” continue the turn? How about playing an “edge” card? See below:

Example: Assume I play a momentum card to take the lead. Everyone downstream of me “passes”. If I say “pass” I will win the Issue. If I instead choose to play a slander card on an opponent, will the playing of the slander give everyone else a chance to play another card, or is the slander not a technically a “momentum” card and therefore the issue is awarded to me, since there was no “momentum card” actually played?

Question #4
Can my own frozen cards be forced to be discarded by a slander card or Social Security? Can frozen cards be stolen? Can they be traded to another player by playing a “New Look” card?

Question #5
Celebrity Support: a.) When is this card played? Is it played as a “fast effect” in response to another momentum card being played by another player, (similar to a “charisma”) or is it ONLY played during the player's turn like a normal blue card? b.) How does it interact with a TV commercial card? Is it possible to have three TV commercials in play and not win the Issue if the ability has been canceled?

Question #6
Mud slinging: Can this card “bounce” indefinitely between parties until someone decides not to freeze a card to bounce it? Can you slander yourself? If so could you mudsling yourself repeatedly (until you were out of cards in your hand to freeze) in an attempt to intentionally lose an issue?

Question #7
Have you decided to issue any expansion cards yet for the game? At origins you mentioned you might release more candidate cards in the future.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Alvarado
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BUCKEYE43026 wrote:
I hope this is nota duplicate post...

Question #1
In the revised rules it is written:

Play is passed clockwise, allowing each player to play a campaign card (Momentum, Slander or Edge) from his or her hand to boost any candidate’s chances to win the current Issue.

Why did you write, “campaign card” when everywhere else you changed it in the rules to read “momentum card”? Are the cards in our hands called “CAMPAIGN CARDS” or “MOMENTUM CARDS”? Are all three types of cards considered campaign cards?

Answer: All the cards in your hand are Campaign Cards. The blue boarder cards are Momentum, Red are Slander and Green are Edge cards.

Question #2
Once the player decides not to sidestep an Issue, the cards special rules take effect. The player at the podium may now play a momentum card from his hand.

Do you actually mean to say “momentum card”, or do you mean “campaign card”? As the podium player, may I immediately play a slander or edge card in lieu of a momentum card?

Answer: Yes, you are not restricted to just playing momentum cards. Good starting cards are Leak, corruption, 527 groups.

Question #3
Play then passes from one player to the next, as many times as necessary, until all players choose not to play anymore momentum cards. Choosing not to play a momentum card is indicated by saying “pass.”

How is “momentum card” defined? Do you actually mean to say “momentum card” or will a “slander card” continue the turn? How about playing an “edge” card? See below:

Example: Assume I play a momentum card to take the lead. Everyone downstream of me “passes”. If I say “pass” I will win the Issue. If I instead choose to play a slander card on an opponent, will the playing of the slander give everyone else a chance to play another card, or is the slander not a technically a “momentum” card and therefore the issue is awarded to me, since there was no “momentum card” actually played?

Answer: Everyone will get a chance to play or pass again. It is based on card play not just Momentum Cards.
I pulled out my rules and on page 5 it stats:
Play passes clockwise allowing each player a turn to paly one campaing card (momentum, slander, or edge) from his or her hand to boost to reduce any candidates chances to win the current issue. Each card's effect is printe on it.
When the effect of a campain card is resolved , it is discarded. Some campaign cards have an immediate effect, while some have an effect that last until the end of the current round.
Momentum cards played for thier polling points are plaed face up in front of a candidate, and their values are added to that candidates polling totoal. These cards stay face up in play until the end of the round. Most other cards have a instant effect and are discarde after play. Play passes one player to the next as many times as necessary, until all players chooose not to play anymore campain cards. Choosing not to pay a campaign card is indicated by saying pass. once all the players pass consecutively the constest for the issue card is over. The player who has the highest total polling points is the winner of the current issue, and takes the issue card into his or her possession. See resolving ties.

(I didn't put all the puncutation and typed really fast so please forgive the typo's)

Question #4
Can my own frozen cards be forced to be discarded by a slander card or Social Security? Can frozen cards be stolen? Can they be traded to another player by playing a “New Look” card?

Answer: They are out of play. You will often see people play corruption charges on themselves to freeze cards and protect them. Nothing in the current game touches frozen cards except the internet card. This can be really bad if you 527 someone and they hit you with a new look. They get all your cards you get only what is in thier hand. Which can be nothing.

Question #5
Celebrity Support: a.) When is this card played? Is it played as a “fast effect” in response to another momentum card being played by another player, (similar to a “charisma”) or is it ONLY played during the player's turn like a normal blue card? b.) How does it interact with a TV commercial card? Is it possible to have three TV commercials in play and not win the Issue if the ability has been canceled?

Answer: Defined under Reaction: The card cancles the card text of a momentum card being played. If a player has 2 tv comercials and plays the third one, your playing it for it's card effect thus winning the issue. A celebrity support will cancel the 3rd TV. Which can bring out the other celebrity cards canceling one after another. It was added in for more defense in the game. I really like how it works.

Question #6
Mud slinging: Can this card “bounce” indefinitely between parties until someone decides not to freeze a card to bounce it? Can you slander yourself? If so could you mudsling yourself repeatedly (until you were out of cards in your hand to freeze) in an attempt to intentionally lose an issue?

Answer: Yes. Yes. You could mudsling yourself freeze a card and send it to someone else. (common tactic for Reagan) I think it is cheeze but that is how it goes. Sometimes it is good to proctect those cards. (I always thought the card frozen should be random)

Question #7
Have you decided to issue any expansion cards yet for the game? At origins you mentioned you might release more candidate cards in the future.

Sales have been decent, but I can't get a Boardgame Geek bump. We are not even rated. We need more poeple to play the game and write reviews and ask for the game. Anyplace I run a demo with 8 or more people I normally get a sell with 2 more copies going through the same location. It is one of those you have to play it to like it games. Like all games it isn't for everyone.
We were looking at an expansion but only if we can meet a sales point which we are short of. On the other hand it is not my call. You will need to contact Mike Andersen oss_rules@yahoo.com
I would love to see an expansion in the 8 dollar range.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Alvarado
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Keep in mind it is your game. As long as everyone agrees to play with your rules you can change them.

The game was designed to appease several groups of people. So post your variants and have fun. I personally like playing with Votes don't matter and doubling the Favors. You will end up playing differently but now the favors mean something significant.

I also like spreading out the colors and making the blues worth double to democrats, red to Republicans and white to independent.

This reflects the nature of the favors. Who owes you the favor and how far will they go to pay it back.

I have had several other half backed ideas that I have not made the time to develop yet.

Anywho have fun and share your experiences with others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see specific responses to the following two questions I posted a while ago, so thought I'd try again since Brian is back:

b) can cards in play get discarded or only cards from the hand?

c) can a mudslinging scandal be played against a player with no cards in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Alvarado
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
: A few rules questions:
I didn't see specific responses to the following two questions I posted a while ago, so thought I'd try again since Brian is back:

b) can cards in play get discarded or only cards from the hand?

c) can a mudslinging scandal

Sorry I must have missed them.

B> I think this is specific to the effect. However I think if it says to discard cards they are talking about your hand. Technically there are three states a card can be in. In play, In hand or Frozen.

This is important with a New look. It doesn't trade Frozen cards. Those are protected.

To the best of my knowledge you don't have to suffer a cost to be eligible to be slandered. So if you want to slander Reagan so he can draw a card in order to affect the current issue, go right ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hamill
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hmm, you didn't answer the third part of question 6... Could someone repeatedly mudsling themself to freeze all their cards as a defensive maneuver?

And if they could... could the person playing Reagan potentially have the entire deck of cards in his hand by playing it on himself, freezing that card to play it on himself... etc...

I think I will just house rule that you can't play it on yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Alvarado
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I apologize again.

I thought I did.

If I am not mistaken,(don't have the card in my hand)
It says freeze 1 card to redirect mudslinging at someone else. (maybe it says another opponet)

So no that would not be legal.
You can play mudslinging on your self, in order to divest your self of campaingn cards in order to not win a particular issue.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We were at the strategicon convention in LA.

Peace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.