Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: I use FFG sleeves on all my cards What's a good storage box solution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was using the net runner box, but it's not going to be enough anymore. Any good suggestions knowing my cards are all sleeved in FFG sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 1: Unsleeve cards you're not actively using in decks.
Step 2: Get a plain white card box from local game store. Or online, if you don't have any. They're cheap and plentiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Step 1: Unsleeve cards you're not actively using in decks.
Step 2: Get a plain white card box from local game store. Or online, if you don't have any. They're cheap and plentiful.

I don't sleeve all my cards, but unsleeving doesn't make much sense considering they're already all sleeved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snack sized ziplock bags fit cards pretty well unsleeved. One baggie per category (so for example, all shaper programs). Makes stacking them inside the original netrunner box really easy for me, keeps them flat and protected, and I can pull an entire baggie out at any time and know I'm holding all my Jinteki ice, or Weyland agendas, or criminal events.

As stated by others, I only keep sleeves on what I'm actually playing with, and then those cards go in dedicated deck boxes I can toss in my bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought an insert from The Broken Token that lets me continue to use the Netrunner box for all my cards (and which I'm really pleased with). I actually use the unsleeved card insert (since I don't sleeve cards until they're in a deck), but they also have a sleeved card version as well (http://www.thebrokentoken.com/sleeved-card-game-organizer/).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
wanderingmystic wrote:
Snack sized ziplock bags fit cards pretty well unsleeved.

surprise

You guys need to stop eating the silica packets. This isn't some epic dungeon crawler with hundreds of tokens and dozens of minis. It's a card game. Storing card games is a solved problem. The same stuff that works for Magic et. al. works for ANR, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sleeve with FFG sleeves and have been using these Stanley storage boxes.

I have 3 fully sleeved cores and all expansions stored in 2 of these (1 for Corp / 1 for Runner) with room to spare.

Of course, I carry my decks in a smaller deck box for most get-togethers, but this is my permanent storage solution and I can carry with me for out of town events and/or if I need to do some deckbuilding.

NOTE: I purchased these from Lowes a few years ago when NR first came out so not sure if they still sell this design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Driedger
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Overtext
badge
Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the standard white card boxes found at most game stores that carry magic cards. I use the 4 row ones, and then use toploaders with printed inserts as dividers. I will take pictures if there is any interest.

(Printed inserts via Nan-Deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
A perennial question. I used to keep all of mine sleeved, but the sleeves wear on high-use cards, and sleeves greatly increase the storage space required. So now I only sleeve actual decks, and I use the original boxes for storage:

This was pre-O&C. Post O&C I use separate core set boxes for runner and corp. Works great and looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you store cards unsleeved like that in a box, is there any risk of damage over time? Like rubbing against each other, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
If you store cards unsleeved like that in a box, is there any risk of damage over time? Like rubbing against each other, etc.?

If you don't have the rows filled and you change the orientation of the box a lot (e.g. transporting it horizontally, storing it vertically), there's a possibility that some cards might get rotated so they're not flush and then get bent by the weight of the rest of the cards pressing down on them.

Other than that, no. No risk of damage. Just make sure to put some filler in the rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
MavericK96 wrote:

If you don't have the rows filled and you change the orientation of the box a lot (e.g. transporting it horizontally, storing it vertically), there's a possibility that some cards might get rotated so they're not flush and then get bent by the weight of the rest of the cards pressing down on them.

Other than that, no. No risk of damage. Just make sure to put some filler in the rows.

I had this happen to one of my IDs early on. Thankfully, they're good cards so it straightened itself back out with a week or so without any intervention by me and now I can't tell which card it even was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.