Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ubaldo Bastardo
United States
Nonantum
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this tile ever good, barring the need to break a tie for the most blue tiles goal? I don't think my wife or I have ever built it in our 50+ games. We have slowly discovered uses for tiles that didn't seem very good at first glance, but I just can't see a situation (aside from the one previously listed) where one would want to buy this. Even if there is a nice slot for it that would give +7 or +8 revenue, it will be touch and go for the tile to even pay for itself depending on where the final round tile is in the C stack. Has anyone had a game that was decided, or even substantially impacted, by the play of this tile (again, barring the very specific instance of needing it only for the +1 blue tile aspect)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my limited experience...no it is not worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett C
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems substantially a tile that will help you towards certain goals (most income is the other main one after most blues). Hopefully a future expansion makes use of it's "car" symbol. I agree there are usually better tiles to purchase when in comes up in the C stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've purchased it once ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bcbgg wrote:
It seems substantially a tile that will help you towards certain goals (most income is the other main one after most blues). Hopefully a future expansion makes use of it's "car" symbol. I agree there are usually better tiles to purchase when in comes up in the C stack.

Yeah, maybe once or twice I would have brought this tile if Most income is one of the public/private goal and I don't want to buy other tiles either because of my own strategy or because of the goal like least of yellow and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubaldo Bastardo
United States
Nonantum
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a four player game last night that almost marked the first time I ever saw the car dealership built. Most blue tiles goal was in play, and I planned to buy the dealership for the simple fact of it being the cheapest blue tile available. However, the person in front of me trashed it after building a heavy factory so the streak continued. I think this will be an easy choice for first tile to be replaced by a Suburbia, Inc tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Van Der Werf
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you get a PR firm online and you're at 15 rep but cash becomes short it might be useful. But typically you can just lake then or get greens or something else.
The times you need it are very rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.