4 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Darkstone Belt Buckle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean M
Canada
flag msg tools
Think I sort of know the answer but thought I'd ask anyways. Is it actually just a darkstone belt or is it an upgrade for a belt?

Reason being is I have the Accentuator Belt from the Targa Plateau on my gunslinger (good find) but I was using a Darkstone Belt Buckle prior to keep him from becoming a pile of goo and tentacles.

Can the buckles be considered horribly worded upgrades for a belt you already have or are we stuck to slight munchkining and having multiple belts you switch...before leaving the mine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it has the keyword "belt" and so is it's own belt.

I have heroes who have sold or given away any Accentuator Belts they found because the Darkstone Buckles were better for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean M
Canada
flag msg tools
Adria wrote:
I'm pretty sure it has the keyword "belt" and so is it's own belt.

I have heroes who have sold or given away any Accentuator Belts they found because the Darkstone Buckles were better for them.

Thanks that's unfortunately what I figured, it's probably the best bang for your buck out of any item there is, second to the tomb chest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmb
The Darkstone Belt Buckle has the keywords "Gear", "Clothing" and "Belt", NOT the keyword "Upgrade". So it's an item, not an upgrade. If it were an upgrade it would have different keywords, and also have the little "Requires" black-dot-with-fancy-arrows icon. It doesn't.

It would be hard to gain any munchkinly bonus from swapping them out, given that one is used to carry extra equipment and the other protects you from mutating. If you swapped to the Darkstone Buckle before leaving the mines, it would pretty much invalidate the entire point of the Accentuator, as you'd have to leave behind the extra anvils of items the Accentuator lets you carry.

Edit: I got ninja'd when I paused to look up the Accentuator Belt card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.