Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Cherry
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
So, I sat down to teach myself the game, and as usual in Radho style, I set up two dummy players (3 seemed like overkill).

The game played quite well, but was short, as it seemed very easy to spread out and collect 3 titles. There was never a King or Pope (I think it took 4-5 rounds) In the end, the elections came down to who has the most votes, and there were no treaties.

Any thoughts as to other problems playing with 2 players would cause? Does Academy have any thoughts they would share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Castano
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very easy to collect 3 titles because themap is huge for 3 players, and even more for 2.
In these cases you need to augment the victory conditions and/or reduce the map size.

I suggest you try the variants I proposed in this thread for 3/2 player games:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18344471#18344471

And Academy games are working on some rules for 2 players, they'll release the official rules when the playtesting will be over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you remember that you have to first build a stronghold in a fief before you can purchase the title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
spiderM9 wrote:
Did you remember that you have to first build a stronghold in a fief before you can purchase the title?

I did not! Thank you. I knew the rule, but forgot all about it.

Now it makes more sense. The small Fiefs are very easy to control, so this will definitely help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcos Franco
msg tools
But from what I understood, everybody starts with a stronghold right? In the game setup says: A player begins the game with 5 deniers, 1 knight, 3 men at arms and 1 stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunzilla wrote:
Academy games are working on some rules for 2 players, they'll release the official rules when the playtesting will be over.

That was in February.
Still no news about the official 2-players rules ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.