6 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Residual firepower ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasi Pitkänen
Finland
flag msg tools

This is nice illustrated tutorial http://www.multimanpublishing.com/demo/MMP-31.html but

"The German 4-6-7 with MMG in K5 fires only the 4-6-7 at the moving unit in J3 on the 4 FP column with a +2 DRM (+3 stone building, -1 FFNAM), does not cower (i.e. doesn't roll "doubles"), leaves two residual FP in hex J3 and the squad (only) is marked with a First Fire counter."

J3 and K3 hexes got on residual firepower counter of 2 on them. How this is calculated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pause wrote:

This is nice illustrated tutorial http://www.multimanpublishing.com/demo/MMP-31.html but

"The German 4-6-7 with MMG in K5 fires only the 4-6-7 at the moving unit in J3 on the 4 FP column with a +2 DRM (+3 stone building, -1 FFNAM), does not cower (i.e. doesn't roll "doubles"), leaves two residual FP in hex J3 and the squad (only) is marked with a First Fire counter."

J3 and K3 hexes got on residual firepower counter of 2 on them. How this is calculated?

RFP is half of the firepower used in taking the shot or half the FP then dropped down to the nearest FP column on the IFT. The IFT goes like this: 1 FP, 2FP, 4FP, 6FP, 8FP, 12FP, 16FP, 20FP, 24FP, etc.

For J3 the shot was the 467 only: 4FP, thus 2 RFP is left behind. The 467 didn't use the MMG in that shot anticipating that the Russians would continue to move... i.e. he wanted the MMG FP for later in the movement phase. The shot at K3 would be 5FP for the MMG (hasn't been marked with a FF counter so its thus, not using Subsequent FF, its using First Fire) and 2 FP for the SFF shot of the 467 (its FP is halved due to having already fired once before at J3). The total is 7FP which shifts to the 6FP column for the actual shot (there is no 7 column on the IFT). Since residual is 1/2 of the actual firepower used we are left with 3 RFP. HOWEVER, there is no 3 column on the IFT either. So, the RFP defaults down to the nearest column, 2FP for 2RFP left behind.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Pitkänen
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks, this helped a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, sir. Let me know how I can help.

Enjoy ASL.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Geissmann
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very enlightening, indeed.

The rulebook says: "... with a Residual FP counter equal to half of the IFT FP column used for that attack, ...". So after an attack with 7 FP, which is 6 FP on the IFT, I have been wondering why there are no "3" residual FP markers. Now it's clear to me: Residual FP must correspond to the FP on the IFT.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Latvaitis
United States
Peoria Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Geekmail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering the same thing, Markus. Thanks for the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.