1 Posts

The Republic of Rome» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some details to change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Galve
France
flag msg tools

Ror is a wonderful game but some details should be changed (according to me)

So I propose some variants that i will test soon.
Sorry for the english

Disaster/retreat only once:
A card (war or chief) can do a disaster (or retreat) only once. When a disaster (or retreat) happens, a token is put on the corresponding card to remind that a disaster will not happen again with this card.
Justification: this variant authorizes to do a war of attrition (specially against punic wars)

Provincial war:
A win against a war with a province is a normal win.
Justification : simplification

A province without naval strengh (base=0),doensn't need the naval support against a revolt
Justification: the spanish governor couldn't destroy spanish revolt.

It is possible to send escadre in a province if the base naval strenght is more than 0.
Justification: not clear in rules and why not?

A governor or a proconsul can leave a war if the difference with the war is inferior or equal to -4. The war is lost and the governor or proconsul looses 5 inf 5 pop and its previous consul token.
Justification: -4 of difference corresponds to 50 % of death. It was the best way to kill a senator (almost too easy)

Law: " laws" are forum card. Players can do a proposal (as president or with a tribun). If the laws is not voted it stays still in the forum.
Justification: players never had interest to propose or/and vote laws

A neutral senator in the forum spend money to upgrade its influence at maximum at the end of revenu phase (10 ta /+1 inf, 25 ta/+3 inf, 50 ta/ +7 inf), and he spends money in circus games (maximum) at the end of forum phase. If a neutral senator arrive to 35 influence, all players loose.
Justification : to avoid senator that stays in the forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.